Talent Acquisition - Commercial at Medtronic
Views:5004 Applications:140 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:65
Medtronic - Manager - Ethics & Compliance Program (6-12 yrs)
To lead and manage the Ethics and Compliance program
The Compliance Manager serves as the organization's internal control point for ethics and improprieties, allegations, complaints and conflicts of interest and provides corporate leadership and advice on corporate governance issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
Ethics & Compliance -
1. Serve as a resource to management for interpretive guidance on the Code and other Corporate policies
2. Drive an ethical culture that meets the requirements and spirit of the Code of Conduct
3. Develop and implement Ethics and Compliance communications and training plans
4. Oversee the development and implementation of corporate ethics and conflict of interest training and conduct ethical decision-making training for senior management on ethics issues and avoiding conflicts of interest.
5. Support compliance monitoring activities, including audits and self-evaluations
6. Develop and maintain confidential procedures for the handling and processing of complaints and allegations. Provide processes for the confidential hearing of employee issues related to the ethics or conflicts.
7. Responsible for planning, initiating, monitoring and tracking and/or prioritizing compliance projects, and facilitating successful, on time and within budget execution.
8. Sets clear direction and management that aligns with defined practices and policies and enhances the compliance program for ISC
Lead the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) process ensuring that business and compliance risks are identified, mitigation plans are developed, and that progress against plans is monitored and measured.
- Ensure the compliance role is not of police but of a business partner and enabler.
- Deliver training programs on compliance
- Scrutinize the requests for approval received from Business co-coordinators and revert in case there are any lacunae in documentation.
- Process the requests for approval to appropriate levels if documents are proper. Maintain reports where necessary.
- Suggest and advise the Business co-coordinators on the documentation and procedure for any approval required by them.
- Help the business and Compliance co-coordinator in the management of annual contracts, review of reports, approval of the reports and management of MIS of all contracts.
- Co-ordinate with business co-ordinators for betterment of improvement in the quality of submissions.
- Scrutinize the request for sponsorship, grants and donations.
- Active role in distributor management in terms of compliance.
- Help the Legal and Compliance Team to ensure the organization's operations are conducted within the limits prescribed by external and internal ethical, legal and corporate compliance requirements and that its rights are fully protected through the provision of legal counsel and guidance.
- Oversee the development and implementation of corporate ethics and conflict of interest training and conduct ethical decision-making training for employees on ethics issues and avoiding conflicts of interest.
- Works with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers, even including external stakeholders like distributors and vendors.
- Support compliance monitoring activities, including audits and self-evaluations and data analytics to aid compliance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Key Attributes and Competencies
1. Ethical Conduct.
2. Team Leader and Self-starter
3. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
4. Problem Solving/Analysis.
5. Technical or Legal Capacity.
6. Strong communications and interpersonal skills
7. Ability to work with senior managers
8. Good planning and decision making ability
9. Willingness to extensively travel
This position will manage a team of 3 members.
Experience and knowledge:
- LLB/LLM Degree and / or Experience of in house legal support work for at least 8-10 years.
- People with CA experience working in compliance role with law firms/ consultancy firms for at least 8-10 years
- The individual must have served for a minimum of three years in a position that required the incumbent to lead a team.
- Previous experience of having investigated charges of improprieties and audits of financial records and related corporate records will be preferred.