AM - Talent Acquisition at Media.net
Views:818 Applications:81 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Media.Net - Payroll Specialist (5-7 yrs)
At Media.net, we pride ourselves on hiring some of the smartest minds in the industry. These are the game changers, the visionaries who also roll up their sleeves & get stuff done! What a fantastic combination of skills! Strategic vision + Executional excellence! That is the superpower that fuels Media.net teams to push harder & aim higher every day. A culture that is easily one of the best in the industry & continues to attract top talent to work with us, it leads by example, with the spotlight on high initiative taking, cross team collaboration, transparency & continual learning, all whilst staying super grounded & humble! You- ll get to work alongside amazing colleagues, from diverse backgrounds, further fuelling the hunger to learn & outperform. We also have fantastic filter coffee & butler service, right to your desk.
Founded in 2011 by serial internet entrepreneur, Divyank Turakhia, Media.net is a leading global advertising technology company that develops innovative products for both publishers and advertisers. Since inception, Media.net has made substantial investments in its business and built one of the most comprehensive portfolios of advertising technology in the industry across search, mobile, display, native, local, products and video. Their platform and products are licensed by some of the largest publishers, ad networks and other ad tech companies worldwide. By market cap, Media.net is one of the Top 5 largest ad tech companies worldwide. By revenue, Media.net is the second largest contextual advertising business worldwide.
Media.net has 1,300-plus employees in key operation centres across - New York, Los Angeles, Dubai, Zurich, Mumbai and Bangalore. Media.net's U.S. headquarters are based in New York and Global headquarters are in Dubai.
Designation: Payroll Specialist at Media.net
Location: Andheri (e), Mumbai [Near the Subway, close proximity to the Metro/Train
Work Days: 5-days work week, Monday - Friday
Sr. Associate/Specialist - Payroll Operations who would be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate payroll operations management at all times including holistic administration of the end to end payroll process. As a one-point Payroll contact, he/she would collaborate cross-functionally with various teams like Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Technology & Business teams across locations, ensuring a smooth & glitch free payroll experience for all
employees, keeping in check all related Government & company based compliance.
- Liaise with all internal & external stakeholders/customers in preparing month on monthly payroll for the company, hence ensuring timely & accurate salary disbursements to all working employees.
- Calculate & disburse additional manual changes to payments as needed with required calculations and system entries, when they fall out of the regular calculated, automated disbursals.
- Process all special payment requests such as commissions, bonuses, severance, and overtime, as requested.
- Identify process improvements to drive efficiencies and best practices in payroll processes & management.
- Address & resolve grievances as & when they come in, within swift timelines and respond professionally & accurately to inquiries related to payroll earnings, deductions, taxes, etc.
- Ensure all queries are responded in a given time period without unnecessary delays.
- Process all statutory payments & employee benefits on a timely basis and filing of returns for the same as per the local compliances & government instructions.
- Ensure preparation & finalization of the annual payroll certificates (Form 16) of all employees within the prescribed time period
- Coordinate with the Corporate HR team on employee data changes and benefits as recorded in the HR Information system from time to time.
- Prepare and input journal entries for all payroll payments & accruals, and reconcile all payroll accounts monthly.
- Liaise between internal payroll systems, external payroll vendors & employees to provide full support in resolving all important queries on time.
- Prepare detailed & accurate reports for management as requested.
- Obtain complete working knowledge of the leave management system & any other internal employee attendance/leave management platforms being used.
- Provide support to HR systems implementation & management ass & when requested.
- Partner with the compensation & benefits manager on all project management initiatives as well as to deliver towards any data requests from him/her.
- Support all audits on payroll related matters.
- Document all processes stringently & deliberately, setting a high bar for Payroll operations management., & efficient knowledge transfer to new recruits if any.
Reporting & Analytics:
- Manage the payroll process end to end, often reporting to the Finance & ensuring all data requests are met with., as also any ad-hoc reports upon business requirements.
- Monthly Group payroll reporting with correct team structures and updated payroll numbers.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting or Finance degrees preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of prior payroll experience and Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred.
- At least 3+ years work experience preferably in a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of local legislation and regulations of the field.
- Ability to multi-task proficiently.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally within a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, as well as payroll-related software.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding sensitive personnel salary data.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels within an organization.
- Effective influencing and listening skills.
- World class internal/external customer service skills.
- Strong initiative and drive.
Who You Are
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment & excellent time management.
- Skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive results.