Assistant Manager - People Resources at McDonald's
Views:1805 Applications:286 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:45
McDonald's - Lead - Procurement/Purchase - Commodity Buying (7-10 yrs)
Job Summary : Responsible for food & non-food supplier management. This includes achieving consistent and assured supply of the allotted portfolio of food, paper & operating supplies at world-class quality and competitive prices to over 300 McDonalds restaurants. The role focuses on developing a self-sufficient supplier system with enduring profitability.
Role & Responsibilities :
1. Lead the formulation of category strategies for the allocated portfolio
2. Ensure effective product portfolio management
3. Identify potential risks and ensure contingency plans are put in place, and communicated to key stake holder
4. Track & Analyze consumption trends by leveraging consumer Insight and collaborating with field distribution managers, regional marketing & operations teams
5. Track local and global raw material trends and devise risk mitigation strategies
6. Evaluate & Select vendors for managing the purchase of allotted food categories. Collaborate with QA team in identifying and shortlisting vendors
7. Design policies, protocols and standards for suppliers & service providers to enable a win - win model that ensures McDonalds values & deliverables are protected, and suppliers are financially healthy & motivated
8. Guide suppliers to identify and implement appropriate quality systems and processes at their facilities thereby ensuring adherence to consistent desired quality standards
9. Monitor vendor performance with the objective of ensuring consistent achievement of the key deliverables of assured supply of the allotted portfolio of food & operating supplies (incl. cleaning chemicals) at world-class quality and competitive prices to McDonald's restaurants in India
10. Liaise with global suppliers and harness synergies & economies of scale
11. Support the New Product Development process of the organization through strategic sourcing of required food and non food categories
12. Devise and implement strategies for operational excellence and ensuring profitability
13. Responsible for pricing protocol for respective category.
14. Perform the role of a people manager for the department :
a. Manage and support recruitment, set KRA's for direct reports, monitor overall department KRA's, conduct performance appraisal
b. Oversee team development and drive motivation levels of the team
c. Monitor team welfare, facilitate complaint resolution to manage efficiency levels and drive timely delivery of all operational targets
Educational Qualifications : MBA in Operations & Supply Chain (2011/12 Batches only)
Preferred Experience: 7 to 8 years of experience into commodity buying. Procurement experience is mandatory.