Human Relations Manager ( HRBP - National Sales & Non Sales HR Business Partner & TA Lead ) at McCormick & Company
Views:1056 Applications:67 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
McCormick & Company - Regulatory Manager (8-12 yrs)
COMPANY INFORMATION :
- Kohinoor Speciality Foods India Pvt Ltd (100% McCormick firm) is a part of the 125-year-old company McCormick & Co., Inc., USA, and the global leader in Spices, Seasonings & Flavours based in Sparks, Maryland, with a turnover of USD 4.3 billion, manufactures markets & distributes Spices, Seasoning Mixes, Condiments & other flavourful products to the food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers & foodservice businesses.
- Kohinoor is one of the leading brands in India and mainly known for best quality Basmati Rice. McCormick Kohinoor business has recently launched spice range products in Delhi NCR market. Apart from consumer business, McCormick Kohinoor also provides products and flavour solutions to its B2B customers in India through its modern manufacturing facility in Sonipat, Haryana.
- McCormick Kohinoor is rapidly expanding its portfolio in pursuit to establish its vision of being the most preferred and trusted food brand for both consumers and customers.
GLOBAL ORGANISATION :
McCormick & Company is a Fortune 1000 company that manufactures spices, herbs, and flavourings for retail, commercial, and industrial markets. The company began in 1889 in Baltimore, Maryland, United States. One hundred years later, McCormick moved from downtown Baltimore to the suburb of Hunt Valley, Maryland. McCormick has approximately 8,000 employees. The company is headquartered in Sparks, Maryland.
Globally, their business spans across 4 regions and 5 Business Units:
- McCormick APAC Zone
- McCormick EMEA Zone
- McCormick North America Zone
- Consumer Products
- Food Services
- Industrial Flavor Solutions
- SupHerb Farms
In McCormick AP Zone business, it is mainly Consumer (B2C; products like herbs, spices and mustards) and Industrial (B2B; clients like KFC, Yum, PepsiCo and other Food Manufacturer MNCs) businesses across 4 countries: Australia, Singapore, India, and Thailand:
- Australia is 50% Consumer and 50% Industrial
- Singapore is predominantly industrial
- Thailand is predominantly industrial
- India is predominantly consumer
McCormick operates majorly in two business segments: Consumer & Industrial:
- The Consumer Segment sells spices, herbs, extracts, seasoning blends, sauces, marinades and specialty foods to the consumer food market under a variety of brands like McCormick, Zatarain's, Simply Asia and Thai Kitchen in the United States; Ducros, Vahine and Silvo in continental Europe; Club House in Canada; and Schwartz in the United Kingdom.
- The Industrial Segment sells seasoning blends, natural spices and herbs, wet flavors, coating systems and compound flavors to food manufacturers and the food service Industry. McCormick's customers range from Retail Outlets & Food Service providers to Food Processing Businesses.
- The company's products through a robust distribution network have a reach of more than 125 countries and territories worldwide from North America, Europe, Central America, Australia, Asia and Africa. Thus, in totality spread production facilities from 50 locations based in 24 countries.
- Studying scientific and legal documents from food authorities gazettes
- Gathering, evaluating, organising, managing and collating information in a variety of formats
- Ensuring compliance with regulations set by FSSAI, LM, FDA,other regulatory bodies, for ex-ports to US,Europe,ANZ and other countries
- Maintaining familiarity with company product ranges-domestic & global
- Planning, undertaking and overseeing product trials and regulatory inspections
- Keeping up to date with changes in regulatory legislation and guidelines
- Analyzing complicated information, including trial data
- Offering advice about company policies, practices and systems
- Obtaining marketing permission
- Outlining requirements for labelling, storage and packaging
- Using a variety of specialist computer applications
- Liaising and negotiating with regulatory authorities
- Providing advice about regulations to manufacturers/scientists
- Writing comprehensible, user-friendly, clear product information leaflets and labels
- Ensuring that quality standards are met and submissions meet strict deadlines
- Preparing documentation.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
- Good negotiation skills;
- Efficient organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good communication and reporting skills;
- Self-motivator, flexible and able to work at pace;
- Work with positive spirit and discipline always.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Degree such as Food chemistry, Food technology, biochemistry, biotechnology, or applied science.
- 8-12 years Regulatory Domain experience in India