Human Relations Manager ( HRBP - National Sales HR Partner & TA Lead ) at McCormick & Company
Views:566 Applications:85 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:75
McCormick & Company - Legal Counsel & Company Secretary - LLB (5-8 yrs)
COMPANY INFORMATION :
Kohinoor Speciality Foods India Pvt Ltd (100% McCormick firm) is a part of the 125-year-old company McCormick & Co., Inc., USA, and the global leader in Spices, Seasonings & Flavours based in Sparks, Maryland, with a turnover of USD 4.3 billion, manufactures markets & distributes Spices, Seasoning Mixes, Condiments & other flavourful products to the food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers & foodservice businesses.
Kohinoor is one of the leading brands in India and mainly known for best quality Basmati Rice. McCormick Kohinoor business has recently launched spice range products in Delhi NCR market. Apart from consumer business, McCormick Kohinoor also provides products and flavour solutions to its B2B customers in India through its modern manufacturing facility in Sonipat, Haryana.
McCormick Kohinoor is rapidly expanding its portfolio in pursuit to establish its vision of being the most preferred and trusted food brand for both consumers and customers.
GLOBAL ORGANISATION :
McCormick & Company is a Fortune 1000 company that manufactures spices, herbs, and flavourings for retail, commercial, and industrial markets. The company began in 1889 in Baltimore, Maryland, United States. One hundred years later, McCormick moved from downtown Baltimore to the suburb of Hunt Valley, Maryland. McCormick has approximately 8,000 employees. The company is headquartered in Sparks, Maryland.
Globally, their business spans across 4 regions and 5 Business Units :
- McCormick China
- McCormick APAC Zone
- McCormick EMEA Zone
- McCormick North America Zone
- Consumer Products
- Food Services
- Industrial Flavor Solutions
- SupHerb Farms
In McCormick AP Zone business, it is mainly Consumer (B2C; products like herbs, spices and mustards) and Industrial (B2B; clients like KFC, Yum, PepsiCo and other Food Manufacturer MNCs) businesses across 4 countries: Australia, Singapore, India, and Thailand:
- Australia is 50% Consumer and 50% Industrial
- Singapore is predominantly industrial
- Thailand is predominantly industrial
- India is predominantly consumer
McCormick operates majorly in two business segments :
Consumer & Industrial :
The Consumer Segment sells spices, herbs, extracts, seasoning blends, sauces, marinades and specialty foods to the consumer food market under a variety of brands like McCormick, Zatarain's, Simply Asia and Thai Kitchen in the United States; Ducros, Vahine and Silvo in continental Europe; Club House in Canada; and Schwartz in the United Kingdom.
The Industrial Segment sells seasoning blends, natural spices and herbs, wet flavors, coating systems and compound flavors to food manufacturers and the food service Industry. McCormick's customers range from Retail Outlets & Food Service providers to Food Processing Businesses.
The company's products through a robust distribution network have a reach of more than 125 countries and territories worldwide from North America, Europe, Central America, Australia, Asia and Africa. Thus, in totality spread production facilities from 50 locations based in 24 countries.
- Provide sound legal solution and affiliate mainly on corporate matter, contract, litigation, labour issue, foreign business operation, and property law in order for the businesses to achieve their goals
- Responsible for legal filing, application and documentation e.g. prepare corporate filing documents; license application; draft, review and comment on contract, minutes of meeting, and other deed.
- Performing the overall Secretarial functions and Corporate Affairs, ensuring compliances to Companies Act and various other Statutory Acts.
- Drafting of various Resolutions and Minutes of meeting of Board of Directors, Shareholders, Committee constituted by the Board.
- Appointment of auditors, appointment of Directors and their change in designation & re-moval.
- Preparation of MOA & AOA including the amendment, addition, deletion of various clauses.
- Drafting of Directors report, preparation of dividend and commission Payment.
- Convening AGM, Board Meeting, General Meeting and any other committee formed by the Board including issuing notices, preparing Agendas and passing Resolutions.
- Preparation of Annual Report of the company and filing necessary eforms with ROC.
- FCPA / IPR / Contract Management Legal Matters
A) Review & Execution of Contracts Drafting of various business contracts/ agreements (national and international) viz :
- General Purchase Agreements, Suppliers Agreement, Service Agreements, Lease Agreements, Leave & License Agreements, Distribution Agreement, Non - Disclosure Agreements and Triparty agreement, etc.
- Reviewing all the legal documents received from the counsel i.e. plaint, counter, claim, defence, counter claim, affidavit, witness, rejoinders and written submissions.
- Providing legal support to various divisions and deptartment for the letter of undertakings, affidavits, etc.
- Preparation of summary, background notes to submit to the counsel for legal administration in various legal matters.
- Preparation and managing procedural formalities pertaining to formation and registration of Sale Deed, Lease deed, Mortgage deed, Release deed, etc.
- Reply to the legal notices as per the guidance and suggestion of the counsel of the com-pany or assisting the counsel to send legal reply to the notices received.
B) Litigation Management :
- Signing and submitting all necessary legal forms and documents including Plaint, petition, compliant, defence, vakalatnama, etc, with the counsel for instituting and defending legal matters of the company.
- Instituting and /or defending legal cases on behalf of Company.
- Reviewing and issuing /submitting legal presents and following up to get the certified copies from the legal forums.
- Coordinating with external legal counsels on behalf of the company.
- Reporting to the management on legal issues and suggesting the remedial actions and avoidance of further litigation.
- Attending the Legal matters with necessary forums on behalf of the company and update the management.
- Maintaining and updating statutory registers of the company.
- Responsible for company's legal document management and law/regulation update.
- Advise businesses on both external and internal compliance.
- Devise and implement - compliance awareness among Shell's staff and contractors.
- Ensure documents reflect accurately commercial decisions, at all times consistent with legal obligations and the Shell Control Framework.
- Represent Company Vis-a-vis thrid parties.
- Circumstances as the guardian of the Companies' interests Follows McCormick Kohinoor Shared Values-ETHICS in letter and spirit in the market.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
- Good negotiation skills;
- Efficient organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good communication and reporting skills;
- Self-motivator, flexible and able to work at pace;
- Work with positive spirit and discipline always.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE :
- LLB & CS Degree
- Experience : At least 5-8 years experiences in law firms or in house lawyer from leading companies and Skilled in substantive of contractual/civil and business commercial laws especially corporate laws, property laws and basic proficiency in civil and criminal litigation.
- Excellent in English proficiency; IELTS at least 6.5 and above or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal with a wide range of stakeholders and team members as well as to portray professionalism and credibility within and without the Companies.
- Capacity to think strategically, logically and independently under stressful and demanding situations.
- Good initiative and determination to achieve goals.
- Impeccable reputation for trustworthiness and ability to maintain strict confidentiality in view of access to highly confidential information
- Able to act quickly, accurately, credibly and decisively under often stressful and critical