Human Relations Manager - HRBP - National Sales & Non Sales HR Business Partner & TA Lead at McCormick & Company
Views:301 Applications:94 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
McCormick & Company - HR Business Partner - Supply Chain Vertical - IIM/TISS/XLRI/SCMHRD (8-12 yrs)
The Company :
- McCormick is a respected global leader in flavor with approximately 12,000 employees and facilities in 27 countries. With 5.4 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry: retail outlets, food manufacturers and food service businesses.
- We have a 22% share of the USD10 billion global packaged spice and herb category, 4 times that of the next largest competitor, Our portfolio includes brands in approximately 150 countries and territories. Consumer insights drive our product development work and we have over 20 product innovation centers around the world
- McCormick is listed on the NYSE (MCK). Total annual shareholder return has risen 10% or more for the past 1,5, 10 and 20 year period. We are one of approximately 50 companies in the S&P 500 with 33 consecutive years of uninterrupted dividend increases.
Get a flavour of our business.
- We operate in two business segments, consumer and flavour solutions. Demand for flavour is growing across both segments globally and we have both the customer base and product breadth as leverage. Consumer sales represent 62 percent of our global business and our flavour solutions sales are 38 percent.
61% of our consumer business sales comprise brands with a #1 position in markets across the globe. Leadership in spices and seasonings aside, McCormick has the number 1 position of dessert products in France, wet marinades in the US, honey in Canada, ketchup in China and mustard in Poland.
Flavour Solutions :
With over $2 Billion dollars in sales and operations in over 19 countries, this important strategic business segment serves consumer food manufacturers, food service operations and quick service restaurants all over the world. From favourite drinks to iconic burgers and in every aisle in the grocery store, McCormick is flavouring many of the biggest brands you know.
McCormick in Asia-Pacific :
- The Asia Pacific Zone (APZ) is a key growth market for McCormick. By 2020, the company aims to double the revenue generated in the region.
- Our new Regional Headquarters and Technical Innovation Center in Singapore and new greenfield facility in Amata, Thailand along with our locations across the zone will support this ambitious growth strategy. This includes optimizing regional supply chain capabilities, expanding manufacturing capacity and enhancing customer intimacy.
- But what is hardware without great software? With our winning brands and the power of our people - a diverse talent pool across South East Asia, India and Australia, we're hungry and ready to leverage on the solid growth potential the region offers
McCormick in India :
- As a key emerging market, India presents exciting growth opportunities for McCormick. India's (organised) spice market is currently valued at US$1.5 million with a CAGR of 10%. Its vibrant food service industry and ready-to-mix food market continue to see unprecedented growth. The company has invested more than US$150 million in India since 1994 through four ventures which employ over 2000 people today. Two joint ventures in South India are equipped with the latest processing technologies and produce high quality spices products for India and international markets. A corporate services entity (based out of Gurgaon) leverages on India's IT talent to serve the company's global needs.
- McCormick Kohinoor in turn, marries the rich legacy of the - Kohinoor- brand, closely associated with basmati, with the flavour leadership of the world's largest spice maker. The launch of its very own spice portfolio Kohinoor Masale in the North region marks the first of more expanded offerings as a - Rice and Spice- brand for Indian consumers, catering to a growing demand for ready-to-cook recipe mixes and ready-to-eat products
- Apart from its consumer business, McCormick Kohinoor also develops products and custom flavour solutions for its its B2B customers (Industrial business) in India through its modern manufacturing facility in Sonipat, Haryana. Strategic investments in R&D, infrastructure, and people capabilities to world class standards are laying the path for a rapid expansion across both the Consumer and Flavoursolutions segments of the business.
- Simply put, McCormick in India is bold, committed. And very hungry.
The Role :
- To support the business to achieve the HR strategic objectives, as set out in the HR Strategic Action Plan by acting as the bridge to represent the people agenda and to translate functional needs into HR actions and by acting as a service manager for the HR process execution in the line (recruitment, performance management, development, compensation, etc).
- This role is based out of our Manufacturing Location.
Key Responsibilities :
- The HRBP, Supply Chain role is responsible to bring HR insights to bear on all pillars (talent, capabilities, organization, leadership and culture) for the India SC organization. The role acts as a strategic business partner by participating in business planning & ensures alignment of HR delivery to business goals.
- Talent Collaborate with functional leaders on resourcing and talent requirements & lead implementation of talent strategies. Utilises the talent development process and tools designed by the expertise teams to develop a diverse talent pipeline for both the short- and medium-term needs of the company. Lead the development of high performing individuals and teams in order to manage change.
- Culture Look ahead to create a future fit organisation culture in line to deliver business results and capabilities. Implement team & organizational design solutions and on-going engagement initiatives.
- Learning Build a learning strategy, and support managers and teams in business delivery by enhancing capabilities to deliver objectives, manage people, implement change, and build relationships
- Employee Relations Partner with executive leaders on the development of ER/IR strategies which manage relationships between the organisation and its staff appropriately.
- Represent the company interests in various Industrial and non-industrial forums.
- Drive factory strategy, further site Journey to Excellence and HR for Factory strategy, particularly training, learning, and educational strategy
- Monitor and ensure legal compliance, with local and national laws (for e.g. recruitment, diversity, data protection, employee contracts).
- Performance Management Partner with the business in the areas of performance management, organization development and change initiatives, and constantly challenges executive leaders to role model and drive performance culture.
- Leadership Collaborate with the key interfaces, working together towards the same shared goals and foster a continuous improvement mindset, while contributing to broader Supply Chain and company agenda.
The Person :
- You will come with 8 - 12 years of experience from premium FMCG/FMCD organizations only. Other candidates will not be considered
- Strong IR experience/Plant/Factory experience is mandatory. Proven track record of managing complex stakeholders and working in a matrix organization is desired
- Our client is looking for a young, dynamic, passionate HR professional with a fast-tracking record who can adapt with an aggressive environment
- MBA from Premier B School with specialist experience of HR business partnering for supply chain and manufacturing vertical should apply