Senior Consultant at Mazars India
Views:4596 Applications:170 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Mazars - Treasury Accounting Role (3-5 yrs)
Opening in Treasury Accounting
The opportunity :
- As part of Corporate Treasury team, you will be engaged in providing support to audit teams/ external clients for derivative valuation and hedge accounting. You will also be getting opportunity to work on various corporate treasury areas as a part of internal audit and consulting projects.
- An important part of your role will be to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external client relationships and management of junior analysts for timely and high quality project delivery. You will also identify and escalate potential business opportunities for EY through existing engagements.
Your key responsibilities :
- Participate in and lead client/ internal engagements like hedge accounting, classification of financial instruments, Debt vs equity evaluation, evaluation of embedded derivative, etc.
- Participate in and lead client engagements of corporate treasury internal audits.
- Work effectively as a team member in sharing responsibility, providing management oversight and provide direction to more junior members of the team, maintaining clear communication with internal and external clients, and updating senior team members on progress of deliverables under your direct responsibility
- Take responsibility in preparation and reviewing of reports that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Performed and findings and observations that will be delivered to our clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain strong and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and client personnel
Skills and attributes for success :
- Demonstrable, relevant experience in Corporate Treasury, Financial Institution, Banks, or reputed consulting firms focused on treasury accounting and treasury operations.
- Keen desire to continue developing and integrating corporate treasury accounting and operational skills within both a challenging and rewarding commercial environment.
- Excellent understanding of IFRS, Indian GAAP and US GAAP requirements (IFRS 9, IAS 39, Ind AS 109, ASC 815) of hedge accounting and financial instrument accounting
- Hands-on experience of implementation of cash flow hedges, fair value hedges and net investment hedges under IFRS, Indian GAAP and US GAAP.
- Exposure to Treasury Management System especially around hedge accounting will be preferred.
- Commercial acumen to help practice to grow by continuous innovation and new solutions.
To qualify for the role you must have :
- Strong academic background including a Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Qualified Chartered Accountant from ICAI with 2-3 year of relevant experience.
- In addition to CA, FRM/ CFA is preferable.
- Ability to understand newly issued accounting pronouncements issued by regulatory authorities and implement with ease by suggesting simple and practical methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good Presentation skills including preparing the presentation using Ms-PowerPoint and other visualisation tools like Power Bi.
- Proficient with Ms-excel and Ms-word.
- Ability to meet/ deliver within stringent timelines.
- Flexibility to travel within and out of India, as necessary
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.