Mayfair - Chief Marketing Officer (10-20 yrs)
We are looking for an experienced Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to oversee all marketing operations of Mayfair and develop its marketing strategy and vision. You will be in charge of a team of enthusiastic professionals from diverse backgrounds and will direct our marketing efforts towards great success.
An excellent CMO is passionate for their profession and has great knowledge for all things marketing. They can balance a practical mindset with creative business acumen and lead people through complex marketing operations. The goal is to ensure the company's marketing efforts are successful in helping it outperform the competition.
We are looking for a dynamic team member who will help us scale and build critical mass for our two-sided marketplace. This role requires an experienced marketer with a proven record and passion to solve problems. Entrepreneurial drive is a must.
We are looking for someone whose passion is growing. We're not looking for an average Joe. If you are looking for a position that is going to challenge you and bring out the best of your potential, we promise to nurture you with everything possible to help you achieve your dreams.
1. Listen- to the trends of the market and direct the market research efforts of the company
2. Liaise with other departments to guide a unified approach to customer service, distribution etc. that meets market demands
3. Define marketing strategies to support the company's overall strategies and objectives
4. Develop a feasible marketing plan for the department and oversee its day-to-day implementation
5. Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (product development, branding, communications etc.), and ensure they project the company's unique - voice-
6. Design and coordinate promotional campaigns, PR and other marketing efforts across channels (digital, press etc.)
7. Build a highly efficient team of marketing professionals
8. Create a solid network of strategic partnerships
9. Demonstrates a continual track record of success from month to month and year to year.
10. Manages budgets across multiple departments.
11. Sets up business processes and metrics.
12. Drives daily execution and enhancement of the company's overall marketing strategy.
13. Analyzes the competition and reviews the results of market research adjusting the company's marketing strategy accordingly.
14. Advises the product development department based on the results of market research.
15. Provides support in the design and production of visual marketing tools.
16. Obtains customer feedback regarding products and services and funnels the information to the appropriate departments so that adjustments can be made in product and service offerings.
17. Communicates with industry experts and leverages their knowledge for the company's benefit.
18. Handles corporate communications to deliver a brand-consistent message.
19. Heightens awareness of the company in the community and marketplace.
1. Proven experience as chief marketing officer or similar role (E-commerce)
2. Demonstrable experience in developing effective strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, product promotion etc.)
3. Solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods
4. Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media) and non-digital (e.g. press) channels
5. Understanding of different business disciplines (IT, finance etc.)
6. A leader with both creative and analytical capabilities
7. Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities
1. Exhibits superior organizational skills and strategic planning abilities along with extensive knowledge of marketing principles.
2. Displays excellent project management abilities and the ability to lead and inspire a team
3. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
4. Passionate customer advocacy and adjusts to change smoothly and rapidly.
5. Entrepreneurial spirit
6. Understands changing market dynamics and prepares the company by developing and implementing strategies to meet the changes in the marketplace.
7. Possesses exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well as strong presentation abilities.
8. Has strong interpersonal skills as well as negotiation and persuasion abilities.
9. Possesses excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task effectively.
10. Has the ability to network and leverage contacts effectively.
A bachelor's degree is usually required and an advanced degree in marketing or business (MBA) is preferred. In addition, most CMOs have approximately 10+ years of well-rounded marketing or business development experience in positions of increasing responsibility- with a focus on marketing expansion- as well as three to five years of experience in a leadership role.