Senior Manager at Matrimony.com
Views:1033 Applications:68 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:27
Matrimony.com - Manager - Content Development - Human Resources Domain (6-10 yrs)
Department : Human Resources
Job Title : Manager- Content Development
Role : Manager- Content Development
Reports Into : Head - Learning & Development
About Us :
Matrimony.com Ltd is the largest and the most trusted matrimony brand in the world with employee strength of around 4500 associates in India and abroad. The service offering of the brand are in matchmaking and marriage related services through websites, mobile sites and mobile apps and is also complemented by 150+ company owned retail outlets. Its flagship products are BharatMatrimony, CommunityMatrimony and EliteMatrimony in the matchmaking business, with over 2.5 million active members availing these services.
The company is in its pre IPO stage and is expanding into a $ 54 billion marriage services market. Matrimony.com's current offerings in the marriage services business are MatrimonyDirectory, MatrimonyPhotography and MatrimonyBazaar.
The Human Resources Department at matrimony.com is a cumulative force of sub functions such as Talent Acquisition, Business HR Partnering, Talent Management, Training and Development, Compensation and Benefits. HR has leverage in setting up Policy & Processes across employee life cycle in the company and was also shortlisted for Business World HR Excellence Awards, 2015. The HR team is highly noted for its candidate experience, effective training and the culture it spreads across the organization.
Role Overview :
The Manager- Content Development would be responsible for understanding the training gaps across skills, knowledge and attitude and create engaging learning content.
- The content development manager would create compelling training content based on Adult Learning principles and by applying instructional design theories, practices and methods.
- The aim would be to facilitate learning across varied learning groups and help build skills and competencies in an effective manner. The manager would be involved in developing both online and offline content and develop content using latest tools, gamification and animation. The manager L&D will work closely with all stakeholders in delivering business goals and objectives.
- Partnering with various businesses, HR, departments and learning team to identify training needs
- Creating customized training content across varied media like audio, video, animated nuggets, gamified programs to enhance retention and transfer of knowledge
- Stating end objectives of the program and work backwards to develop content
- Understanding the learner profile (target audience) while creating content
- Applying instructional design theories and methods
- Provide exercises, activities to facilitate learning
- Provide facilitator handouts for effective rollout
- Ensure standardisation of content and manage version control
- Create customised content for both online and classroom training
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of the content
- Maintaining relationships with vendors and consultants
- Facilitate learning with latest engaging techniques and technology thus creating a - Learning Culture- in sync with the value of Matrimony
Skills and Competencies:
- Proven relevant experience instructional designer
- Experience of learning theories and instructional designer methods
- Objective writing and content planning skills
- Sound knowledge of course development software and Learning Management system
- Basic HTML and flash programming skills
- Ability to storyboard
- Visual design skills like Photoshop, Illustrator
Education and Experience:
- Certified Instructional Designer with at least 6+ years of experience and 4 years in instructional designing
- Degree /certifications in programming, visual designing would be an added advantage
Job Location : Chennai