Deputy General Manager - HR at Matrimony.com
Views:214 Applications:49 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Matrimony.com - Head - Product Engineering - IIT/IIIT/BITS/NIT (15-20 yrs)
Title: Head - Product Engineering (Bharat Matrimony / Other Match Making verticals)
Role: Technology / Product Engineering Leadership Role
Reporting to CEO
Product Engineering team works on the customer facing applications building desktop, mobile sites, Android & iOS applications. We support multi-million hits to our sites every day and keep improving the efficiency & customer experience on a continuous basis.
This is a high energy group which owns the product right from initial design to making features 'Live' for our customers. We play with multiple technologies and our engineers keep moving the technical innovation needle constantly.
As a group we have deployed & manage more than 100+ Android Apps & 30+ iOS Applications. Our mobile site runs as PWA. We are moving our APIs to NodeJS and follow microservices philosophy. We use Sphinx, Solr as our indexes to serve traffic and use Redis for caching.
We build tools that help speed up execution or when the current available applications don't solve our problems. We do periodic hackathons which has brought in many great ideas to the fore.
You can visit our blog @ https://engineering.matrimony.com
- The ideal candidate would be heading all our customer facing products, involved in making the multi-year tech roadmap and executing it to completion, keeping abreast of the technology changes in the web and mobile world and suggest options that help in making the best choice.
- He or she should have the ability to manage programs and projects involving cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of products or system or features.
- He or she should act as a catalyst for faster business delivery by streamlining and simplifying processes, monitoring engineering productivity and ensuring the engineering best practices are followed.
- The right candidate will possess great communication skills and should take a keen interest to mentor a high energy team.
- Any prior experience in the B2C internet application development space with prior experience in developing and maintaining a highly scalable application ecosystem will be a big plus Head the Product Engineering for the Matchmaking Biz vertical in one of the India's largest internet companies reporting to the CEO, Manage both development and R&D teams with a team size > 120 people and represent the Organization in external technical forums, meetups.
- Work with the leadership team to understand the business priorities and create a long-term Technology / Product Engineering roadmap for the Organization and drive its implementation
- Responsible for benchmarking with the other Technology companies and ensure that Matrimony.com stays ahead of its competitors and similar companies on the Product Engineering front
- Take keen interest in the business of match making and dating services and follow latest trends and developments across the world in this space
- Identify the latest tools / software / Technology; Deploy the right tools, techniques & processes and bring in newer technologies to help developers do their work faster and solve the Technology problems more effectively
- Responsible for end-to-end product development (full stack) and release which includes tech architecture, development, testing within the agreed timeframes.
- Set up the Engineering organization to aptly cater to business needs. Own all the NFRs for the product(s).
- Work closely with Product, Operations, and other stakeholders to cater to business needs.
- Manage inhouse development, identify and integrate 3rd party service providers. Identify / Help in partnering with other technology vendors
- Leverage AI and analytical capabilities of organisation to provide superior matchmaking experience to our customers.
- Lead a team of highly motivated managers, Architects & Engineers that ship products built for internet scale and build the technology capabilities of the team by mentoring & developing the team
- Represent the Organization in external forums / bodies and create a strong visibility for the Organization and help in creating a strong employer brand
Skill and Competencies:
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, OO designs, TDD, defensive programming, REST APIs, microservices, GraphQL.
- Deep knowledge of one of the programming languages - PHP, NodeJs
- Experience creating & managing high throughput APIs
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Angular, React
- Understand Android & iOS app ecosystem
- Should have experience on Mobile / Web, SaaS, Cloud Native Architecture, products using Azure/ AWS/Google.
- Should have knowledge and experience of NoSQL Database, RDBMS, UML, Object Modelling, Multi-tenant architecture, and Design Patterns.
- Experience with databases technologies like Solr, Mysql, Redis.
- Experience with dev ops - AWS, CI/CD and understanding of security principles, OWASP.
- Prior experience of working with AI powered applications and consuming AI services with an ability to identify the need for AI components within the applications ecosystem will be a big plus.
- Project Management skills
- Good understanding of mobile ecosystem & Indian ecommerce is a plus
- Analytical Skills
- Strategic Orientation
- Execution / Result Orientation
- Problem Solving -Able to clearly see the way around ambiguous situations and provide solutions
- Stakeholder management
- Influencing & Networking Skills
- Team Management & Development - Bring out the best from the team by mentoring & coaching them
- Learn from every opportunity and inculcate a sense of pride in the work done.
- Executive presence - Initiative / Drive / Positive Attitude
- Strong Communication skills
- Willingness to experiment & learn
Education and Experience:
- Engineering Graduate/ Postgraduate from any Premier University (IITs / IIITs / BITS / NITs or A level institute) with 15-20 years of experience in product development.
- Experience in open source environment is a must. Prior experience of working with consumer internet company would be a plus.
Matrimony.com Ltd is one of India's largest consumer internet companies and the most trusted matrimony brand in the world with strength of over 3500 associates in India and abroad. We are India's first consumer Internet Company to get listed with market capitalisation of more than Rs.1200 Crores.
matrimony.com provides both matchmaking and marriage related services through websites, mobile sites and mobile applications and is also complemented by 130+ company owned retail outlets. Its flagship products are Bharat matrimony, Community Matrimony and Elite Matrimony in the matchmaking business, with over 5 million active members availing our services.
With a strong leadership in matchmaking, matrimony.com has been expanding into highly unorganised $ 55 billion marriage services Industry. Our goal is to build a billion dollar revenue company as a long lasting institution with a legacy for the generations to come. Our offerings in the marriage services business are matrimonybazaar.com and mandap.com.