Matrimony.com - Head - Incubation (4-8 yrs)
Role: Head of Incubation
Reporting to Head of Strategy and M&A
Brief Description about the role:
Build an organizational capability that enables "incubation" of new ideas which could be potential new revenue streams for the organization. Adopt a structured approach to "incubation" including research, ecosystem building, trialling (and) foster the development of an innovation-engine for the organization
- You will establish a structured process to scan and study markets (customers), players (competition - local and global), industry (learnings from other categories and industries; local and global) and organization (ideas from within the organization). You will help prioritize key ideas for the incubation process
Subject Matter Expertise :
- You will conduct incisive research on the chosen ideas to build subject matter expertise that includes both an academic perspective and an industry / practical perspective on the idea
- You will leverage partnerships with academia and market research agencies to build subject matter expertise, if/where needed
- You will create a comprehensive strategy for the incubation of the chosen ideas to the leadership team
- You will scan the ecosystem including academia, start-ups and industry players to build partnerships
- You will evaluate each of these ecosystem players to determine a relationship model which includes strategic partnerships and M&A, as needed
- You will build a minimum trial offering (proof-of-concept) in collaboration with ecosystem players
- You will pilot the same among a sample user-base to determine product-market fit and synthesize key learnings from the same
- You will build a strategic business plan that includes the Who, What & How for the idea
- You will establish a structured process to transition the idea from "trialling" to the Business and Product Leadership teams for "execution"
Skill and Competencies:
Excellent analytical and research skills
Strong communication skills and executive presence
Tenacity in getting things done without compromising on quality
Ability to work with and influence all levels of the organization (and) outside the organization as well
Ability to think in terms of business models and evaluate them
Education and Experience:
4-6 years of experience in the Venture Capital industry and/or Strategy Consulting, with demonstrated expertise in driving high-quality research (sectoral research, industry research, consumer research, business analysis, competitive landscape, etc.) and building investment theses
Strong experience in developing and validating business plans and financial models
Strong experience in building an ecosystem play, that cuts across start-ups, industry partnerships and academia
MBA from a top-tier school preferred; Undergraduate degree from a top-tier school preferred
Job Location: Chennai
About Matrimony.com :
Matrimony.com Ltd is India's largest Wedtech company and the first pure play consumer internet business to get listed. our flagship brand BharatMatrimony is the largest and the Most Trusted Matrimony Brand (as per the Brand Trust Report 2014).
The company provides both matchmaking and marriage related services through websites, mobile sites and mobile apps and is also complemented by 130+ company-owned retail outlets. Its flagship matchmaking services are BharatMatrimony, EliteMatrimony and CommunityMatrimony.
With a strong leadership in matchmaking, the company has been expanding into the highly unorganised $55 billion marriage services Industry with WeddingBazaar and Mandap.com services. The goal is to build a billion dollar revenue company and a long lasting institution with a legacy for the generations to come.