Matrimony.com - Head/AVP - Legal (18-22 yrs)
Title : Legal Head - AVP Level
Role: Head the Legal Function for Matrimony.com
Reporting to : CFO
- To be accountable for all Legal related matters for the company covering trademarks, contracts, civil, consumer, criminal, litigations, labour law, shops and establishment, mergers and acquisitions and related compliances.
- Proactively managing legal implications of various issues and advising various internal stakeholders and management on it.
- Strategizing, drafting and implementing all Legal related matters for the company covering trademarks, contracts, civil, consumer, criminal, litigation, shops and establishment labour law mergers and acquisitions and related compliances To be well versed with all court related processes
- Collaborate effectively with external lawyers and suggest probable solutions and review of documents
- Prepare, review and modify legal documents/contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities/functional departments.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly MIS reports for the legal department for management meetings.
- Talent development of team
- Enhance network in the field and create visibility for company
- Collaborate with Regulatory authorities
- Well versed with international law relevant for our current subsidiaries in US, Dubai
- Strategize and advise opening of new locations in other countries as required
Skill and Competencies:
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to understand complex legal concepts and analysis and ability to strategize
- Competence in a broad range of laws as described in the role
- Ability to suggest effective solutions for complex matters
- Good understanding of internet ecosystem & Indian ecommerce is a plus
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Analytical Skills
- Strategic Orientation
- Execution / Result Orientation
- Problem Solving -Able to clearly see the way around ambiguous situations and provide solutions while remaining calm and composed even in uncertainty
- Stakeholder management
- Influencing & Networking Skills
- Executive presence - Initiative / Drive / Positive Attitude
- Exceptionally strong communication skills
Education and Experience:
- Postgraduate in Law from a Premium Law Institution with 18-20 years of experience of which at least a decade in the e-Commerce industry will be preferred
Job Location - Chennai
About Matrimony.com :
Matrimony.com Ltd is India's first pure play Consumer Internet Company to get listed. Its flagship brand BharatMatrimony is the largest and the Most Trusted Matrimony Brand (as per the Brand Trust Report 2014).
The company provides both matchmaking and marriage related services through websites, mobile sites and mobile apps and is also complemented by 130+ company-owned retail outlets. Its flagship matchmaking services are BharatMatrimony, EliteMatrimony and CommunityMatrimony.
With a strong leadership in matchmaking, the company has been expanding into the highly unorganised $55 billion marriage services Industry with WeddingBazaar and Mandap.com services. The goal is to build a billion dollar revenue company and a long lasting institution with a legacy for the generations to come.