Deputy General Manager - HR at Matrimony.com
Views:657 Applications:165 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:30
Matrimony.com - Data Scientist/Senior Data Scientist (2-6 yrs)
Designation Title : Data Scientist/Senior Data Scientist
Role : Technical Role
Reporting to : Manager - Data Science
Department Overview : The Data science team at Matrimony.com enables the organization to take decisions from data. The team is responsible for making use of the vast amount of data to build powerful ML models to help customers get the best experience when using our match making service.
Key Responsibilities :
- Design and build Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and NLP models and applications to power the existing front office/back office applications and for new products
- Generate scalable and high-performance Prediction, Evaluation, Recommendation, anomaly detection, chat bots and sentiment analysis from structured/unstructured Big Data
- Determine the best AI technique, Machine learning algorithms for use cases specific to the match making business
- Identify opportunities, Design and develop embedded AI features for the suite of matrimony.com products working closely with the Product and Technology teams
- Identify and implement on-going improvement in the intelligence of product components through computer vision-based solutions, recommendation engines, payment propensity models and Platform abuse/Fraud detection
Skill and Competencies :
- Prior experience in working with large data sets and statistically interpreting it
- Knowledge of Python, ML algorithms, libraries Numpy/Pandas/scikit-learn/Keras/Theano/TensorFlow and SQL
- Strong programming skills
- Prior experience in working with big data platforms like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig
- Good knowledge of statistical techniques
- Knowledge of NLP techniques and image processing
- Knowledge of AWS ML stack will be desirable
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau will be nice to have
- Good past experience of working on client projects mining and analysing data, generating patterns, trends, and insights
- Ability to multi-task and work simultaneously on various - run the company-, - change the company- projects.
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision from the stage of gathering/eliciting requirements, building and testing models with key model evaluation metrics through to production deployment
- The candidate should have good written, oral communication skills and an ability to work with senior stakeholders to define key business questions and organize data sets that can answer those questions. He or she should be passionate about data and aspire to be a go-to-person for data related understanding of the overall business
Education and Experience :
- B.Tech/MS/M.Tech or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, AI, or related field
- Prior experience with India facing B2C internet companies, dating and match making services and start-up environment will be a plus
Experience range : 2-6 years
Job Location : Chennai - candidates should be willing to relocate to Chennai
About Matrimony.com :
- Matrimony.com Ltd is India's first pure play Consumer Internet Company to get listed on BSE and NSE. Its flagship brand BharatMatrimony is the largest and the Most Trusted Matrimony Brand (as per the Brand Trust Report 2014). Over 4000 associates serve close to 4 Million members.
- The company provides both matchmaking and marriage related services and is also complemented by 140+ company-owned retail outlets. Its flagship matchmaking services are BharatMatrimony, EliteMatrimony and CommunityMatrimony.
- With a strong leadership in matchmaking, the company has fast expanded into the $55 billion marriage services Industry with MatrimonyPhotography - the Largest Wedding Photography Service that has completed over 15,000 weddings; MatrimonyBazaar - the Largest Wedding Services Provider and MatrimonyMandaps - the Largest Online Wedding Venues Platform. Each of these services are available across South India.
- The goal is to build a billion dollar revenue company and a long lasting institution with a legacy for the generations to come.