Mastercard - Senior Analyst/Associate Program Manager - Analytics - IIM/ISB (3-8 yrs)
MasterCard Data and Services is helping to shape the future of data insights by leveraging billions of anonymised, aggregated transactions in a 10 petabyte date warehouse to help financial institutions, merchants, media, and governments manage their businesses more effectively.
Advanced Analytics is charged with servicing clients by centralizing and optimizing the world class analytical, modeling, software coding, data sourcing, product development, product management, econometrics and associated delivery capabilities.
Use broad Banking, Retail, Travel, Technology, Digital, media, and/or payments industry experience and deep knowledge of the application of big data quantitative analytics to provide hands-on support for information product development and custom analytical project delivery that satisfies and retains a global client base.
- Are you motivated by developing new Analytical skills, leading to insights into issues and developing recommendations that add real value to clients?
- Have you managed the client independently and effectively?
- Do you want to play a key role in driving a world beyond cash?
Major Responsibilities :
- Generate key hypotheses and independently structure work at the work stream or project level
- Travel to client sites across the world to deliver Analytics projects by collaborating with global teams and clients
- Synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations; take responsibility for structuring and writing reports and client ready presentations from a work stream or project level.
- Collect and synthesize feedback from clients, project delivery analysts, and sales teams for new solutions or product enhancements. Provide design specifications, functional and technical requirements for development of new products and solutions.
- Data mining, model development, time series analysis, forecasting. Experience in Risk strategy, Credit Line strategy, credit card life cycle (Acquisition, Customer Engagement, Fraud)
- Build behavioral scorecards for target marketing and risk management solutions using econometric and statistical modeling techniques
- Create highly predictive models using segmentation and regression techniques to drive profits
- Knowledge of metrics, measurements, and benchmarking to complex and demanding solutions across multiple industry verticals
- Review analytics end-products to ensure accuracy, quality and timeliness.
- Proactively seek new knowledge and structures project work to facilitate the capture of Intellectual Capital with minimal oversight
- Develop effective working relationships with local and global teams including business partners Proactively seeks new knowledge and structures project work to facilitate the capture of Intellectual Capital with minimal oversight
Qualification and Skills Required :
- Experience in hands-on business analysis, modeling and segmentation and data mining using large volumes of granular data to deliver analytical solutions
- Advanced degree in Economics/Statistics/Mathematics with an emphasis on business applications. M.S./M.B.A. preferred from IIM- s/ISB
- Strong Hadoop, Python, R, MS-Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Platforms/Environments : Hadoop, SAS