MasterCard - Managing Consultant - Advisors Services (6-9 yrs)
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company.
Managing Consultant, Advisors
MasterCard Advisors, the professional services arm of Mastercard, provides payments-focused consulting services (including business strategy, proposition & operating model design, performance optimisation, marketing, information and risk management) to financial institutions and merchants worldwide.
With its unique payments expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, MasterCard Advisors has established a strong track record of successfully addressing the challenges and opportunities of its clients
- Are you motivated by developing new consulting models, leading to insights into issues and developing recommendations that add real value to clients?
- Can you develop key hypotheses and construct logical storylines?
- Do you want to play a key role in driving a world beyond cash?
The Managing Consultant is an active team member who contributes to projects and manages small to medium engagements for MasterCard Advisors clients. Whilst this individual is not expected to be a subject matter expert in the payment cards industry, they will demonstrate expertise in consulting engagement management experience and professional problem-solving skills.
- Contributes towards the development of strategies and programs for large, strategically important regional and global clients
- Implements/communicates strategies to achieve goals, acts as advisor to and maintains ongoing relationships with client executives.
- Rigorously and logically identify issues covering entire client problems
- Generates key hypotheses and independently structures work at the work stream or project level
- Synthesizes analyses into clear, sound recommendations; takes responsibility for structuring and writing reports and steering committee presentations from a works stream or project level. Reviews reports to ensure accuracy, quality and timeliness.
- For small to medium engagements, assumes overall project management responsibilities for projects; identifies project staffing resources. Develops, defines and reviews required analyses
- Develops effective working relationships with mid- to senior-level client management
- Proactively seeks new knowledge and structures client work to facilitate the capture of Intellectual Capital with minimal oversight
- Supports MasterCard Advisors and local market account teams in client relationship management and business development efforts
All About You
Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification. Advanced degree or MBA preferred
Consulting experience from a top-rated consulting firm desirable, as is payments/bankcard expertise and experience helping financial institutions at the senior management level, with:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work on a team or independently
Languages: Local Language, Fluent English other language skills highly desirable
Key Words: Engagement Manager, Management Consultant, Strategy Consultant, Consultant, Strategy Manager
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We- ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we- re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.-