Mastercard - Associate Managing Consultant - Advisors Client Services (4-8 yrs)
- The ASA team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations.
- Centred on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard ASA also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network. We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Make an Impact as an Associate Managing Consultant
- As an Associate Managing Consultant, you will have the opportunity to lead key client engagements across a range of industries and types of projects, such as consulting services, Test & Learn, or data and analytics. Working with technology and data, you will generate key hypotheses and independently structure workstreams covering client problems.
- Overseeing the day-to-day work of the project Delivery team, you will identify creative and useful analyses to address client problems, synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations, and create effective, impactful storylines and slides. Responsibilities within project management will include building strong relationships with mid-level client management and independently assessing client agenda, internal culture and change readiness.
- In leading the problem-solving process to drive high-value decisions, you will also have the opportunity to mentor junior teammates and contribute to the firm's intellectual capital and solution development. At Mastercard, you are expected to not only have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients, but also have a leading role in shaping the organization's future.
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
- Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
- Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills.
- Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions.
- Communication and Presence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations, positioning Mastercard's solutions as high value solutions in sales and delivery conversations.
- Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude.
- Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes.
- Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
- Undergraduate or master's degree with experience in a consulting/analytics organization and in project management
- Expertise on one or more of SQL, Python, Big data / Hadoop (Pyspark / ScalaSpark / SparkR), HQL, Hive, R
- Experience with two or more of Segmentation, Data modelling, Machine Learning / Deep Learning, Campaign insights, A/B testing, data-driven product development
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders across multiple workstreams within organizations
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges in a client-facing role
- Exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or retail / eCommerce merchants preferred
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively - both verbally and in writing - in English and the local office language(s)
- Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with both junior- and senior-level client contacts
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required, SQL / data expertise preferred
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs