HR at Confidential
Views:2173 Applications:421 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:111
Marsh & McLennan - Senior Manager - Business Architecture (10-14 yrs)
Division : Group BPM
Department : Group BPM
Sub- Department : None
Job Title : Senior Manager - Group BPM
Reports to : Business Architecture Lead
Job Purpose :
To drive strategic transformation for the Group by designing and enabling delivery of strategic and operational initiatives and providing continuous thought leadership
Knowledge and Expertise : Expert
Job Complexity : Highly Complex
Client Relationships / Communication Skills : Significant strategic impact. People mgmt. limited to project team
People Management and Strategic Impact : Significant strategic impact. People mgmt. limited to project team
Financial Impact : No direct financial impact or targets. Indirect impact is limited to completion of assigned tasks within the stipulated SLAs and quality standards.
Geographical Impact: Accountability is Global across all Business Units for multiple functions across Support / Operations
Principal Accountabilities :
1. Business Architecture :
- Work closely with key stakeholders and sponsors to identify new business opportunities
- Use multiple sources such as primary research, secondary research, interviews, workshops etc. to understand current state of people/process/technology and, impact of internal & external factors
- Design future state basis stated and identified pain points and opportunities, need- gap analysis, expected client outcomes, future technologies etc.
- Create business case for implementation of target operating models to check feasibility and scope of implementation
- Leverage existing knowledge to develop frameworks and accelerators to provide solutions that can be used across businesses and geographies
2. Program Management :
- Drive strategic changes through the organisation by supporting implementation of medium to large size programs.
- Liaising with the business groups and managing in the development and completion of projects or programs.
- Establish and drive governance, accountability for achieving objectives across work streams in programs.
- Resolve critical issues and ensure timely decisions within sphere of authority.
- Establish standardized processes, tools and templates to manage projects, programs.
3. Strategic Orientation :
- Deliver on strategic business drivers such as efficiency, revenue enhancement, and stronger operating controls across entities
- Lead short-to-medium term planning for people, processes and technology, translate plans to specific actions
- Understand how commercial value is added to business to anticipate impact of external developments on organisation/ function and enable teams to prepare for the same
4. Stakeholder Management :
- Build credibility for the team by showcasing available talent at regional/ global platforms, develop opportunities to expand the team's contributions
- Influence and align key stakeholders with respect to project objectives and outcomes to ensure change is managed effectively
- Enable teams to understand and appreciate the client's context, create a culture that keeps the client experience at the helm
- Proactively seek feedback from stakeholders and ensure feedback is incorporated to influence better design and implementation
5. People Management :
- Manage and improve current performance, develop capabilities for future needs of the business architecture team
- Mentor team members to take on larger responsibilities and build clear career paths by assessing performance and potential, at all levels
- Create a culture of learning and continuous improvement in the teams
- Build networks across functions and create opportunities to share learning across departments and help create a unified people capability
Operating Environment :
JLT India is a part of Marsh & McLennan companies which is a global leader in risk, strategy and people. With roots dating back to 1871, MMC today is formed of 4 large global organization - namely Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman. MMC is a Fortune 200 Company with presence in over 140 countries, 70,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $15billion and growing.
JLT India is the knowledge center for the MMC companies with expertise in Employee Benefits, Insurance Broking, reinsurance, Analytics, research, consulting, financial management and information technology. It provides services to Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter and MMC through its operations services, research, investment consulting, analytics, consulting operations, specialized accounting, fiduciary accounting, management consulting and IT services.Group BPM helps Marsh deliver its vision through key service offerings, including Business Architecture, Business Excellence and Programme Office, by driving the desired transformational outcomes. The business architecture function helps operating companies improve margins, revenues, customer satisfaction and controls through designing and implementing target operating models of operating companies across the globe.
Framework & Boundaries :
- Business Architecture / Program Management tools and methodologies, Work is dependent on projects that are allocated to the team from time to time.
- Authority as delegated by sponsor of the project with respect to cost, time, scope
- Delivery as per agreed and defined operating standards
1. Subordinates :
- Frequent interaction with team to outline approach and monitor output quality
2. Superiors :
- Day to day interaction with reporting authority for strategic direction and to provide update on progress
- Weekly interaction with the Group Director for updates on projects and objectives
Within the company:
- Frequent interaction with stakeholders from operating companies
- Participate and proactively contribute to general management activities of as a member of the Senior Management Team
Outside the company:
- Vendors for business architecture delivery/ training, experts in the field of business transformation, campuses
Person Specifications :
Essential: Post Graduation : MBA from a premier business school
Work Qualifications : Essential: Operating model assessment and evaluation; Strategy formulation experience
Desirable: Domain knowledge in the Insurance space
- 10 - 14 years of experience in consulting /operating model design, and program management
- End-to-end experience leading transformational initiatives and transitions/migrations
- Business and operating model methodologies
- Project Management principles
Desirable: Knowledge of insurance and insurance broking as well as employee benefits
Skills & Abilities :
- Communication Skills
- Influencing & Negotiation Skills
- Coaching Skills
- Relationship & Senior Stakeholder Management Skills
- Business Acumen