Marsh & McLennan - Assistant Manager - Learning & Development - Training Delivery (4-8 yrs)
Division : Human Resources
Department : Human Resources
Sub- Department : Talent Management & Employee Engagement
Job Title : Assistant Manager - Learning & development
Reports to : DM - L&D
Job Purpose :
- To facilitate learning interventions for L1 and L2 level population and lead certification projects end to end. Manage BAU that include workshop calendaring, logistics, LMS management, invoicing for vendors and accruals (budget projection) for each month.
Job Dimensions :
Job Complexity : Work is performed independently under general direction and is assigned in terms of specific objectives to be achieved.
Communication Skills :
- Interpret/Develop - Interprets information and is able to articulate business needs and capability gaps. Assists in creating/curating content based on information from SMEs.
- Connects with stakeholder regularly to understand business needs and customize learning interventions.
Financial Impact : Indirect accountability to functional budget or costs.
Geographical Impact : All Business Unit in India
Principle Accountabilities :
Program Delivery :
- Liaise with internal teams to plan training delivery for current and future business needs
- Deliver trainings on various modules within the agreed timelines
- Deliver various learning sessions to meet business needs
- Identify knowledge gaps in team members, basis feedback from key stakeholders and support through in-depth sessions
- Support business in analysing trends for errors and queries and bridge the same through innovative learning approaches
- Support business teams and new hires through their journey to competence
- Partner with business to curate various learning programs or certifications
Content and instructional design :
- Analyse upcoming business needs outside of core business domains and support design of byte size training modules
- Drive new age learning methods like E-learning modules, gamification and quizzes
- Leverage in-house applications like Challenger and Career Navigator to assess current competence and key gaps
- Engage with business in continuous learning through interactive modes of engagement
- Share business insights and support content development
- Provide support in creation of instructional content, storyline modules and learning design for impactful training content.
- Create/curate content to create customised learning paths
Project Management and facilitation :
- Managing learning delivery end to end
- Pre-workshop requisites - Booking Rooms, logistics, creating event on University and invites to all participants.
- Publishing dates (calendaring) to Business, organizing sessions
- Post-Workshop requisites - Collating feedback, processing invites and updating attendance.
- Maintaining dashboard
- Facilitation of various type of workshops
Stakeholder Interaction :
- Be a business partner for all learning and capability development needs.
- Liaison with stakeholder and SMEs to gather inputs for designing customized learning interventions.
- Curating content to create customized learning plans for specific roles
- Improving learning interventions based on stakeholder and participant feedback
- Contribute towards showcasing and highlighting impact of learning activities through L&D dashboard
Manage BAU :
Managing LMS :
- Creating workshops, seeking nominations and recording attendance on JLT University
Vendor Management :
b. Vendor checks and verification (need based)
c. Mapping vendors to EAS system for invoicing
Invoicing and Accruals :
a. Maintain data for invoices paid during the month, updating the spreadsheet and to help get the budget status.
b. Prepare accruals as part of budget exercise each month
- Day to Day interaction with reporting authorities to provide update on progress
- Fortnightly interaction with the manager for updates on projects and objectives
- New Hires - connect at 30-60-90 to review progress
- Team Managers - Understand the training needs
- Process Leaders - To identify gaps and look for improvement areas
- Managers - To align with the common goals and objectives
- Outside the company - Training vendors, other vendors and service providers
Person Specifications :
Work Qualifications :
Essential : Experience of 4+ years in L&D as a trainer or facilitator
Desirable : Project Management skills. Able to handle multiple L&D programs.
Essential : Train the Trainer or Facilitation Skills workshop
Experience Essential :
- 4+ years of experience in L&D as a trainer working in a medium to large sized service organization. Should have strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
Essential : Learning methodologies, learning tools, adult learning principles
Desirable : Financial or Insurance Domain Knowledge
Skills & Abilities Essential :
- Ability to prioritize and implement projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Relationship building and negotiation abilities
- Ability to work against timelines effectively
- Excellent Facilitation Skills
- Good analytical and numeric abilities
Desirable : Instructional Design Skills