Hiring Manager at Marlin Dew Investments
Views:4116 Applications:438 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:333
Marlin Dew Investments - Quantitative Financial Analyst (4-12 yrs)
Job Type: Part-time, Remote
Job Hours: Singapore Business Hours
Pay: 2 USD to 7 USD per hour
Skills Required: MATLAB, SQL, Financial Markets, Excel
Are you an ambitious dynamic individual who can't wait to see the results of your hard work? Bored of your regular coding job and after something a little more exciting? A job where every day is different, and you are always learning new skills? So, if you're already itching to get ahead in this world, apply your development skills to real-world financial data and to learn how the financial markets truly work, then there's no better place than working as a Quantitative Financial Analyst with us.
Were a tech-savvy and entrepreneurial group. Our team is agile, focused and engaged.
As a Quantitative Financial Analyst, you are both the frontline and backbone of our business. We engage the high-powered intellects in our team to create tactical investment ideas, and use cutting-edge technology to execute. We thrive under the pressure of building a company on an exponential growth path. We're here to support you and mentor you as you grow. You'll benefit from being part of a tightly knit, high-performing team. You will have an opportunity to leverage your existing skills in MATLAB, MySQL, and Excel and by working closely with professional investment staff, you will get an opportunity to broaden your financial knowledge across global markets and instruments.
Our goal is to keep the team nimble, innovative, and focused on results.
Interested in joining our team ?
Here's what were looking for:
1) Advanced Degree (MS or PhD) in Financial Engineering/computational finance preferred
2) Financial certifications desired (e.g., CFA, FRM, CQF, CAIA)
1) 2+ Years of work experience, including public accounting experience and direct experience in financial reporting for larger companies
2) 1+ Year of experience in MATLAB required
3) Advanced Excel Skills Pre-testing is required
4) Demonstrated Analytical Experience in Statistics or Econometrics
5) Experience of SQL (MySQL) is preferred
6) Experience in the finance industry preferred, or otherwise, demonstrable enthusiasm for financial markets and intellectual curiosity about investment ideas
1) Strong Analytical and Quantitative Skills
2) Ability to perform analysis of Financial and Accounting Data
3) Knowledge in Financial Management and Analysis; utility and/or relevant industry; accounting standards and practices.
The candidate must:
1) Be a self-starter, a dependable partner, and a team player
2) Demonstrate good communication skills and be comfortable working closely with senior quantitative developers and business partners
3) Possess a strong desire to document and share work done to aid in collaboration, team development, and long-term support of the firm
4) A burning desire to continuously learn new technical and analytical skills despite your already-stellar abilities
5) A willingness to think outside-the-box to generate trading ideas
6) SOLID fundamentals with MATLAB, SQL AND Excel
Special Knowledge (bonus points, if you have these):
1) Parallel computing
2) Very large data sets
3) Data acquisition via APIs
4) Market data distributors e.g. Refinitiv Eikon, Factset, Bloomberg, etc.
We are looking for candidates to work remotely, and who are able to work at least a portion of their working days during Singapore business hours, as the management of our company is based in Singapore. This position will start part-time, but could go up to full-time.
You will be asked to answer the following questions when submitting a proposal:
How many years of experience do you have in the following?
3. Microsoft Excel
4. Financial markets