Marketplace Manager - Consumer Startup (6-8 yrs)
Marketplace Manager for a well Funded Consumer start-up
About Company: Our client is a VC funded and one of the strongest brands in the Consumer- Food products company, having a state-of-the-art centralized manufacturing facility with European equipment near Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The founding team consists of a 'Master Baker' from Le Cordon Bleu, Paris, one of the finest culinary institutes in the world and an IIM-A alumni with a McKinsey background.
Job Purpose: You will have the P&L responsibility of the Marketplace vertical (all eCommerce channels) in Sales.
- To generate revenue in the Marketplace vertical across all eCommerce platforms as per the company's business plan
- To devise a strategy unique to each eCommerce portal
- To develop a team under them responsible for different accounts and activities
- To develop relationships with the customers i.e category managers of eCommerce companies
- To finalize and execute JBP (Joint Business Plans) on an annual basis with each marketplace and category manager
- To get timely POs and ensure quantities are in line with targets
- To ensure expiry and return is capped or within the company's targeted limit
- To ensure visibility of the brand and the product on all eCommerce / Quick ; eCommerce portals
- To design and run marketing campaigns on these portals and report its ROI with analytics
- Ensuring timely payments
- To be able to establish a healthy working relationship with their counterparts in customer companies.
- Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and PowerPoint etc.
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Post Graduation; MBA/ PGDM in Management is ideal
- 6-8 years of key account management (KAM) / category experience working for a D2C /eCommerce focused / marketplace company ideally in the food segment