Consultant at Synergy Consultants
Views:1021 Applications:129 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Marketing Manager - Medical Devices (7-14 yrs)
Responsible for creating demand for the Division's product(s) by developing, and through the execution of, the Marketing Plan which includes but is not limited to the following areas of responsibility: business expansion, competition and positioning, scientific and promotional tool creation, internal communication, external communication and product definition.
- Demonstrated appropriate level of leadership experience to lead and influence.
- Requires high levels of competence, confidence and credibility.
- Strategic and tactical decisions will be made based upon data the individual provides and/or presents in a management or informal setting.
- Consequences of erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally include critical delays and modifications to projects or operations with substantial expenditure of time, human resources and funds and may jeopardize future business activity.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) and primary interface for internal and external customers and partners;
- Lead and / or participate on cross-functional team to support organizational goals;
- Develop and lead staff; responsible for all people-management activities including but not limited to: staff development, mentoring, performance management, engagement and recognition, administrative duties.
- Actively tracks & shares progress toward goals, adapting where required.
- Skilled at proactively anticipating, gathering and synthesizing information on our target customers, competitors and the market from a range of formal and informal sources
- Seeks out and encourages others to find new sources of understanding, including market research, digital listening, trend tracking, etc.
- Deliver on assigned goals on time and within budget.
- Works with others to provide conclusions and key actions based on insight
- Travel up to 30% of the time domestically and / or internationally by any means necessary to support organizational goals;
- Understand and comply with applicable EHS policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System
Position Accountability / Scope
This position is accountable for the following -
- implementation of strategy, scope, process and programs related to creating demand the Division's products within assigned market segment;
- providing significant and positive impact to short-term, mid-range and long-term organizational goals;
- demonstrating continual improvement in product/system development and commercial related matters;
- creating a work environment that supports cross-functional team effectiveness;
- management and development of reporting staff; mentor others as appropriate;
- has experience in reimbursement regulations and designs marketing actions and communication to drive the business in a highly regulated environment
Personal Characteristics / Behaviours
- Fact-based decision maker: able to analyze multiple data sources and dig deep to understand
- Challenges the status quo and acts as a change agent - helps people remove barriers
- Proactively solves problems or challenges creatively
- Results driven, brings solutions to the market with quality
- Identifies and anticipates risks and creates contingency plans
- Elevates issues, decisions and deliverables that might derail timelines quickly for resolution
- Strong communication skills - can simplify the complex and explain to others
- Manages & gains alignment with a range of stakeholders
- Able to juggle multiple priorities, always keeping the highest-impact items as top priorities