Associate Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:4907 Applications:819 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:401
Market Risk Professional - Model Validation/Pricing Models - CFA/FRM (2-6 yrs)
CFA/FRM Certified- Market Risk professionals for Model Validation role- Pricing Models (Mandatory)
- Within the Market Risk (MR) team assists clients to design and implement strategic and functional changes across risk management, treasury, front office, middle office, and back office activities with a focus on risk and valuation processes, regulatory compliance, analytics, strategy, and organizational structure.
- Practical implementation knowledge of risk and capital management is a key competency of MR, focused on regulatory capital, market and counterparty credit risk management and broker-dealer capital requirements. Clients include large domestic and global financial institutions, broker-dealers, foreign banking organizations, asset management firms and insurance companies with significant capital markets activities. Project teams frequently work with the senior management of these firms, including CFOs and CROs.
- Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and industry knowledge of financial products
- Lead components of large scale client engagements and/or smaller client engagements while consistently delivering quality client services
- Understand market trends and demands in the financial services sector and issues faced by clients by staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
- Monitor progress, manage risk, and effectively communicate with key stakeholders regarding status, issues and key priorities toachieve expected outcomes
- Play anactive role in mentoring junior consultants within the organization
- Undergraduate (4 year degree) or Masters (Computational Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, or Physics preferred) with at least 2 years of relevant experience or PhD in a quantitative topic
- Knowledge or academic experience of statistical and numerical techniques and principles of the theory of probability and stochastic calculus
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts related to pricing derivatives for any of the asset classes such as fixed income, equities, credit, interest rates, FX, and commodities
- Risk management knowledge in at least one area such as market risk (VaR, PFE, Expected Shortfall etc.) and/or counterparty credit risk
- Strong problem solving and solution development skills
- Certifications such as FRM, CFA, PRM
- Prior modelling background, including experience in model development and/or model validation of derivative pricing models and tools, in-house or third party valuation software and corresponding risk management models
- Regulatory knowledge/experience in areas such as Basel, CCAR, FRTB
- ETRM/CTRM systems experience with knowledge of end-to-end commodity trade lifecycle of power/gas/softs/metals etc.
- Risk management system knowledge/experience - Calypso, SunGard Adaptiv, Murexetc.
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs
- Previous project management experience