Senior HR Associate at MAQ Software
Views:4394 Applications:93 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:36
MAQ Software - Technical Project Manager - IIT/NIT/BITS/IIM/FMS/MDI (7-10 yrs)
We are looking for experienced and highly motivated Technical Project Manager(s), with broad experience in data management, with an aptitude to learn the advances in Artificial Intelligence and machine learning. Our customers include sales and marketing professionals who are launching marketing programs using the Internet to reach consumers and businesses worldwide.
This position requires taking on a technical leadership role for a great team to develop and deliver data analytics (descriptive and predictive) applications. For technology-oriented companies, typical leadership emerges from technical ranks only and not from business backgrounds such as finance or marketing (e.g., Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Larry Page, Jeff Bezos and many others). We have found that people with strong technical backgrounds with business knowledge are successful with us (not the other way around).
For MBA graduates with experience in the software industry, the position will start with leading a team of talented software engineers to deliver software solutions utilizing cloud computing, mobile and web technologies. With your business background and knowledge of the global software industry, we expect you to help us scale from 500 people worldwide to 1,000 people in the next few years. We expect you to manage a customer unit of 30 to 50 highly talented engineers within two years of joining us. As we look to scale, we expect you to provide significant insights into account mining and fast paced sales support related activities.
The management development program may require you to travel to Redmond, Washington as part of the program.
Your role includes all technical and managerial challenges associated with ensuring project delivery on multiple fast-paced projects.
Your key result areas as a percentage of your overall work items will be:
Managing a development team of 15 to 25 software engineers (~30%)
- Ensuring the effective utilization of resources across multiple projects
- Project planning and tracking
- Handling all Program Management tasks as required
- People management including bi-annual performance reviews, coaching and performance management
- Collaborating with Seattle and other India teams by visiting them at least once a year for one to two weeks
Owning delivery of multiple releases for business groups (~30%)
- Helping define and deliver the requirements and feature sets
- Supporting multiple release schedules across a range of projects typically 12 releases in a year (i.e., the release cycle is not once a year release)
Architecture development and technical problem solving (~20%)
- Defining and developing architecture and technical designs for projects
- Conducting design and code reviews on a weekly basis
Recruitment, process development and training (~15%)
- Innovating and improving company process model
- Training and mentoring high-performance teams including driving training for about 10 experienced hires and 40 junior developers every year
- Building the team by conducting 10 interviews per week and through industry network
Pre-sales and customer management (~5%)
- Technical pre-sales support to help customers realize our strong technical ability
- Reviewing RFPs and providing project plan, effort estimates for six to twelve projects every year
This is a unique opportunity involving technical management responsibility with a growing organization as part of the core management team. This is a new position to help us accommodate growth in people and projects.
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in computer science/ Engineering from a leading university
- MBA from one of the leading management institutes (IIMs or equivalent)
- Must have team management experience
- Strong technical background in Microsoft platform with the ability to develop specifications and work with the project team
- Strong project management skills and the ability to handle two to five projects at a time
Experience: 5 years or more
Compensation : CTC 22 Lakhs onwards p.a. and other incentives
Location: Ascendas aVance Business Hub, HiTec City 2, Madhapur, Hyderabad or Sahar Plaza, Andheri Kurla Road, Mumbai
Ideas for Candidates Interested in Preparing for Interview:
- Review Gartner's two modes of IT (Fast IT versus Slow IT)
- Review Founder's Mentality by Bain and Company (http://www.bain.com/publications/business-insights/founders-mentality.aspx )
- Review What I Did Not Learn in B - School and What I Did Not Learn at IIT book by Rajeev Agarwal, Founder and Managing Consultant to learn about the company culture; books are available from your campus student coordinator
- Showcase your interest and aptitude in the technology services industry
 We only have functional titles starting with the Managing Consultant.