Managing Director at Impact HR Services
Views:2911 Applications:85 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:32
Manufacturing Head - Chemical Firm (15-25 yrs)
Company Profile: Our client is a large, professionally managed, highly profitable Global MNC performance chemicals /specialty chemicals/polymers manufacturing organization based in USA-World Leaders in their field. Our clients have a Global turnover exceeding Rs.4000 crores. Our clients are on a rapid transformation phase and hope to grow very rapidly in the next few years. Our clients have acquired a running plant in Silvasa and are looking for a Manufacturing Head to be based at Silvasa. The key role would be initially Project Management / Plant Commissioning for capital-equipments procurement for modernizing the plant operations and subsequently for running the plant.
Our clients seek to recruit dynamic & experienced manufacturing professional having production and projects management skills to help set up the plant and to subsequently lead the plant operations in totality. The position is based in Silvasa and reports to the CEO. Our clients offer excellent salary/perks as per industry norms & commensurate with the status of the position.
Job Profile :
Will be the Head-Manufacturing operations, leading a direct team of functional managers (Production, Maintenance, QC & Engineering, HR, Accounts) and a team of plant operators. Will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the manufacturing and distribution facility. Primary focus is to plan, organize and direct the manufacturing operations, industrial engineering, maintenance and logistics in a manner which assures the most effective return on assets employed.
a) Policies and Procedures :
- Direct and coordinate plant operations within company policies and procedures. Establishes and directs plant policies and procedures.
b) Project Management & Plant Commissioning :
- Direct and coordinate project management operations for modernizing the running plant. This will involve coordination with machinery suppliers, erection & commissionin the plant.
c) Safety :
- Maintain a safe, clean, and reliable plant. Responsible for safety of the whole site, including for personnel of other departments which reside on site as well as contractors. Is the Chair of the Joint Health and Safety Committee. Lead at least one site safety meeting per quarter.
d) Productivity :
- Accountable for meeting plant production goals set by the VP manufacturing through the manufacturing budget process.
- Review, analyze, plan, coordinate and lead all activities within the manufacturing operations organization. Assure the development and coordination of systems and programs to promote cost effective manufacturing operations in line with manufacturing plans and objectives.
- Support programs and procedures that provide reliable products with minimal quality control, repair, scrap, and warranty expense. Assures attainment of programs and production schedules while insuring high-quality standards.
e) Quality :
- Accountable for product quality control for the plant.
f) Personnel :
- Selecting, training, and developing plant supervisory, technical, and administrative staff. Conducting employee performance reviews and fostering a well-trained and motivated staff.
- Establish and maintain a positive community relationship to both internal and external customers. Cultivate a well-trained and motivated staff.
- Responsibilities include the establishment of training and development programs, assessment of performance, creation of new talent and taking the lead in recruitment efforts to ensure excellence and efficiencies throughout the plant.
- Oversee human capital across all functional areas.
- Select and train plant supervisory and administrative staff.
- Plan and manage plant vacation schedules, ensuring plant productivity and minimizing overtime and cost.
g) Planning :
- Develops and executes capital and expense budgets and operating plans under the guidance of General Manager.
- Schedule and conduct plant meetings.
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Assure the development and execution of manufacturing schedules in conjunction with the Materials Manager.
- Plan and implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the manufacturing operations group supports strategic imperatives.
- Monitor plant performance and communicate progress against objectives to management.
- Confer with department heads to ensure coordination of sales and purchasing and logistics planning functions with site production, maintenance, and shipping groups.
h) Personal ;
- Attend scheduled corporate training and meetings.
i) Relationship Management :
- Partner with department heads to ensure coordination of purchasing, production, and shipping. Responsible for the smooth work flow process across these functional areas to ensure optimal performance and reduced errors.
- Communicate with the local community.
- Network with Industry association counterparts.
j) Product Development :
- ssure timely and efficient introduction of new and improved products, to ensure manufacturing input to produce strategic plans.
- Coordinates with R&D and Engineering groups to implement new products and equipment.
- Communications & Working Relationships
Internal: All plant and supporting functions, Sales & Marketing, R&D, Finance, HR, IT.
External: Vendors, Government agencies.
- Candidate Profile: Engineers (B.E / B.Tech) (preferably ME/MS/MBAs) with 15-25 years of manufacturing experience in plastics/polymers industry covering operations, maintenance, quality control, and good manufacturing practices.
- Must have 5+ years of plant management experience with proven leadership record.Plant management experience in a plant having 50-200 employees in last two jobs.Experience of managing relations with government agencies.Proven ability to direct and lead plant operations to drive production results. Independent, passionate in their work, customer-focused and safety-oriented.
- Desirable: experience in compounding industry-twin extruder experience would be a super plus.Experience with welding and electrical, desired. A champion of Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S and SMED Principles. In-depth knowledge/exposure to running a lean manufacturing environment. Must have some experience in project management
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.