Head - Talent Acquisition at The Manipal Group
Views:3158 Applications:144 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Manipal Group - Product Manager - Personal Care Division (5-12 yrs)
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Build innovative, high-quality product road maps based on company goals & constraints
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes
- Evaluate market competition including competitor pricing strategies to position the brand's product line.
Research & Analysis :
- Perform extensive data analysis to gain insights and identify opportunities and consumer pain points
- Determine customers' needs and desires by undertaking a mix of offline & online consumer research incl. interacting with customers and field sales personnel
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs;
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
Operations & Reporting :
- Work with BU head, NPD and design teams, vendors for new products planning, product life cycle management & optimization of existing product mix
- Prepare return-on-investment analyses; establishing timelines with engineering, manufacturing and marketing departments
- Generate detailed Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Product Requirement Document (PRD) based on inputs from all key stakeholders
- Prepare launch events to coincide with consumers- buying patterns
- Provide source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Define appropriate consumer and business metrics and create reports to track consumer behavior. Follow up on past feature performance and share findings with the team
- Articulate customer pain points from a technical perspective and determine if the right Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are in place and, if not, work to define them.
- Manage product backlogs, including prioritizing and balancing tactical and strategic goals, and making correct trade-offs between customer experience, operational, financial and technical priorities.
- Facilitate inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules
- Assess the financial impact of solutions and prepare business cases.
Required Skills & Attributes :
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Eye for consumer behavior insights
- Demonstrated Experience in the retail sector
- analyzing existing product lines and conducting consumer research for new products
- Good time management, prioritization and people skills
Preferred Experience & Qualifications :
- Demonstrated product management experience preferably in the beauty retail sector.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong project management skills and ability to present to executive stakeholders
- 8-10 years In-depth marketing experience in similar roles
- Engineering degree and MBA - marketing from reputed institution
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.