Manager - Warehouse Operations - FMCG/Retail (6-8 yrs)
Salary offered - 10 - 12 LPA
JOB DESCRIPTION - MANAGER - WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS:
LOCATION - PUNE
- We are a leading company that manages end-to-end supply chain for our clients in the food service industry. We store, distribute and deliver more than 1500+ food and food related products from 12 warehouses to meet the needs of our customers across 20+ states in 150+ cities.
- We are looking out for a Professional with functional Supply chain experience of 10-15 years in the Cold chain/Food Service/Horeca/Pharma industries. Prior experience of managing diverse teams, supply chain operations including cold chain - Distribution Centers/warehouses and Logistics operations across different regions is a must.
- In his previous roles he/she should have been responsible for managing a fast-paced Warehouse, Transportation and Delivery Department. Plays an active role as a key member of the operations team to meet KPI's and strategic goals. Provide supervision, direction and leadership to warehouse and dispatch employees to raise the standard of performance in meeting the goals of our internal and external customers.
- The individual will be required to manage back-end warehouse operations for 10-12 warehouses located across Pan India and ensure that all activities related to refrigerated (cold chain) warehousing, distribution and logistics are completed within the defined timelines and as per SLA's agreed with the 3PL partners.
- The role requires to collaborate with 3PL partners (warehouse service providers) to meet current business needs of new or existing customers, such as - order fulfillment & dispatches, key warehousing activities, inventory management - FEFO/FIFO etc. The individual will be responsible for managing human resource located at different locations across the county, supervise product handling and effective performance of the cold storage/warehouse service provider.
- This role requires a dynamic personality and the ability to manage and coordinate with large groups of employees across all areas of the organization. The most successful employees at our company are the ones that can coordinate and execute initiatives with little to no direction.
- WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT :
- individual will oversee and supervise warehouse operations for 10-12 warehouses managed by third party warehouse service providers. He would be required to manage a complex business with a wide range (1500+) of SKUs across categories including temperature controlled & ambient product range. Integrating multiple divisions requirements, both internal and external, maintaining & controlling the regional warehouse activities of receipt, storage and dispatch.
- Manage warehouse processes and performance to define improvement, development and alignment of the warehouse operations with various transporters. Plan, Direct and implement day to day warehouse operations and administrative support to meet prescribed productivity and service goals.
- Monitor effect utilization of resources and storage facilities. Plans and coordinates work activities of warehouse functions (directly and indirectly), including receiving, picking, dispatch, delivery, inventory control etc. Actively manages the daily schedule of planning, scheduling, and logistics associated with making last mile/Outbound deliveries. Effectively and efficiently manage the slow moving and obsolete stocks. Ensure periodic cycle count and monthly/quarterly inventory counts are done to avoid stock level variances at the warehouse and system level. Monitor open issues, intervene & resolve where necessary.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, warehousing costs and efficiency.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Monitoring systems and procedures for efficient and effective functioning of 3PL warehouses
- Plan, direct and monitor operation of the warehouse (including shipping, receiving & dispatch) to ensure a high degree of accuracy, inventory control and customer service.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT - Maintain quality standards, parameters & processes as per HACCP, ISO & Clients requirements for both warehousing & logistics operations. Adherence of strict parameters for rejection, recall, damages & shrinkages. Handling international QA Audits/ 3rd Party Audits done by the clients.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT - Manage operations (Warehousing) team to improve overall customer satisfaction. Planning and scheduling workflow for his team and coordinate operations according to previously established distribution sequences and lead times.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidate should have 6-8 years of Supply chain/Cold Chain Warehousing operations role within the FMCG/Retail/Food service/Cold Chain/Horeca/Pharma sectors
- Proficient knowledge of Cold supply chain - both Warehouse & Logistics operations
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management in previous assignments
- Sound knowledge of 3PL systems and processes and related IT systems - WMS, GPS, dataloggers etc.
- Great "customer service" attitude to gain credibility with internal and external clients.
- Candidate needs to have good business skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple assignments in highly stressful environments.
- Good communication - both written & verbal, negotiation skills and customer service skills.
- Proficient with MS office tools - Excel & Word and ERP, preferably in SAP or ORACLE.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, creative and critical thinking skills
- Ability to generate and effectively implement plans/ideas
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong ability to negotiate and manage third party vendors
- Diploma/Degree/PG in Supply Chain will be a plus
Industry: FMCG / Retail/Food Service/Logistics/Warehousing/3PL
Functional Area: Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehousing
Role Category: Middle Management
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.