Manager - Taxation - Retail - CA (8-10 yrs)
Position Description :
Designation : Manager - Taxation
Reporting To : General Manager
The Tax Manager will be responsible for overseeing all tax & compliance functions for the Uniqlo India and may be involved in some accounting and reporting activities. This is a hands-on role, and the incumbent should expect to execute some processes directly, in addition to reviewing the work of others. The individual is expected to grow with the organization as Uniqlo expand its operations.
Key Responsibilities -
- Follow FR's global one policy and rule, at the same time need to comply with local regulatory requirement.
- Responsible for providing advisory support to various departments and units for direct and indirect tax impact in their projects/initiatives.
- Responsible for finalizing the corporate tax return, GST returns and transfer pricing filings in India.
- Monitor timely completion and filing of tax audit report with the auditors.
- Ensure that accurate data and information is available for GST tax purposes and advice management on requirements.
- Coordinate across multiple functions to ensure compliance and appropriate documentation.
- Coordinate response to tax audits, including acting as the main contact, coordinating responses from others, and directly participating in preparing and reconciling information requested for auditors.
- Periodically audit internal records as necessary to validate that transactions are appropriately recorded to ensure compliance, and address gaps as necessary.
- Independently handle litigations, as and when they arise.
- Ensure processes and documentation are in place to support all tax and compliance requirements.
- Reconcile accounts which are highly related to compliance monitoring, including intercompany balances and transactions between legal entities.
- Coordinate across other functions to ensure compliance-related projects and ongoing actions are completed on a timely basis, including regular tracking and updates to senior management.
- Act as backup for other finance functions.
- Support other global financial, accounting, and related tasks, as and when required.
- Indian qualified CA (legal background is a bonus)
- Should have 8 to 10 years of tax specific working experience with India focus, with a tax consultancy firm or as an in-house tax specialist.
- An expert in Indian Direct and Indirect tax legislation.
- Should have strength in dealing with various regulatory authorities and government departments in relation to representing the organisation / industry on various tax matters and potential issues, litigations etc.
- Should have strong verbal and written communication skills; be able to communicate in a clear, constructive, and professional manner with strong team skills.
- Have understanding of accounting standards and principles including Ind-AS.
Please do not apply if service/ IT/ technology/ financial services sector experience.