Founder & Director at hCapital Executive Search
Views:5539 Applications:695 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:202
Manager - Strategy & Planning - Real Estate Rental Startup (1-4 yrs)
Manager - Strategy & Planning
About the Client :
- Its a well funded startup in residential Real Estate rental space. It leverages Brand, Services and Technology to unlock value in the extremely large residential real estate asset class by providing world class services to both the client side (residential real estate owner) and the customers (users of the real estate asset).
- The founding team currently is a mix of folks from IIMs and IITs and some of the biggest names in the Indian real-estate space. The leadership team has diverse experience across categories and come from reputed organizations such as Marico, Asian Paints, Barclays, Kellogg- s, Oberoi Hotels, Marriott, CredR, Snapdeal, Jio and Accenture.
Location : Lower Parel, Mumbai
Role : Manager - Strategy & Planning
Experience : 1-4 years
Salary Range : Rs 20-25 Lacs
Job responsibilities :
- The role aims to formulate the central think tank which will independently set guidance for all functions of the organization. It will ensure that measurable and stretched yet achievable goals are set for the teams; increase efficiency and effectiveness and is always forward looking and providing stimulus to the organization to be innovative and forward looking in approach.
- It is responsible for ensuring that planned business metrics for the organization are achieved.
Key Objective(s) of the role :
The control function :
1. Formulate and maintain policies and guidelines throughout the organization and individual departments
2. Assist and communicate with executives in decision- making, program management, and initiative implementation
3. To enable regular business reviews.
4. Discuss with the individual department heads and allocate Monthly and Weekly KPIs to each department. Keep a track on the progress and facilitate in removing bottlenecks and inhibitors. Determine the proper course of action.
5. Review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them
6. To be the guardian of the business calendar
The enablement function :
1. To act as the pivot between functions specifically wrt organization culture, employee well- being, project updates, proposals, and planning
2. Collaborate cross functionally to enable new tools and practices being accessible as desired
3. Continuously act as the knowledge hub for the organization which would include evaluating new tools for faster and scalable growth, identifying market opportunities and current industry trends and driving product/service value add basis such insights
4. Coordinate the initiation and execution of strategic initiatives.
5. Assist the department heads in facilitating effective decision- making. Enable the creation and management of project and department level operating plans and strategies on monthly and annual basis.
6. Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with the CEO and department heads on special projects
7. Regularly monitoring and strengthening USP in the market. Offer possible suggestions to strengthen the moat.
8. To continuously work towards ensuring team motivation via various engagement programs, incentive designs where applicable, team building exercises; helping increase efficiency levels & effectiveness
9. Act as a sounding board to the CEO for new ideas and initiatives
10. Ensure company is prioritizing the right KPIs
Desired Profile :
1. Master's degree from a premier B-School with 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in strategic planning, consulting, exposure to start-ups/ rapid growth business will be preferred.