Founder at Talhive
Views:10147 Applications:1213 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:59
Manager - Strategy & Planning - Real Estate (3-5 yrs)
The founding team currently is a mix of folks from IIMs and IITs and some of the biggest names in the Indian real estate space. The leadership team has diverse experience across categories and come from reputed organizations such as Marico, Asian Paints, Barclays, Kellogg- s, Oberoi Hotels, Marriott, CredR, Snapdeal, Jio and Accenture.
Job responsibilities :
- The role aims to formulate the central think tank which will independently set guidance for all functions of the organization. It will ensure that measurable and stretched yet achievable goals are set for the teams; increase efficiency and effectiveness and is always forward-looking and providing stimulus to the organization to be innovative and forward-looking in approach.
- It is responsible for ensuring that planned business metrics for the organization are achieved.
- In order to develop and maintain a coherent relationship between teams, this function is responsible for setting guidelines and ensuring smooth operations amongst all the functions.
- The mission of this function is to define business and functional objectives across teams, help them formulate strategies around the same to achieve the goals, constantly monitor and measure the performance and finally, help execute the plans to ensure the deliverance of the aforementioned objectives.
Key Objective(s) of the role:
The control function :
- Formulate and maintain policies and guidelines throughout the organization and individual departments
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision- making, program management, and initiative implementation
- To enable regular business reviews.
- Discuss with the individual department heads and allocate Monthly and Weekly KPIs to each department. Keep a track on the progress and facilitate in removing bottlenecks and inhibitors.
Determine the proper course of action.
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them
- To be the guardian of the business calendar
The enablement function :
- To act as the pivot between functions specifically wrt organization culture, employee well- being, project updates, proposals, and planning
- Collaborate cross-functionally to enable new tools and practices being accessible as desired
- Continuously act as the knowledge hub for the organization which would include evaluating new tools for faster and scalable growth, identifying market opportunities and current industry trends and driving product/service value add basis such insights
- Coordinate the initiation and execution of strategic initiatives.
- Assist the department heads in facilitating effective decision- making. Enable the creation and management of project and department level operating plans and strategies on monthly and annual basis.
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, workingwith the CEO and department heads on special projects
- Regularly monitoring and strengthening client's USP in the market. Offer possible suggestions to strengthen the moat.
- To continuously work towards ensuring team motivation via various engagement programs, incentive designs where applicable, team-building exercises; helping increase efficiency levels &; effectiveness
- Act as a sounding board to the CEO for new ideas and initiatives
- Ensure the client is prioritizing the right KPIs
To focus on the overall development :
- Collaborate the human resources department in inducting the all key new hires
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of CEO and working closely with departmental heads
- Champion regular competitive landscape analysis along with customer insights as a systemic input to the business
- To ensure that cross-project and cross-functional organizational learning/best practices are documented and replicated from one project to another project
- To be the knowledge hub of the organization and provide continuous input to the system of the best practices from across the world
- Relentless drive, creativity, first rate minds, and an ability to lead in an inclusive and collaborative manner. Should exhibit exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with a go-getter attitude
- High on integrity and interpersonal skills
- Should have relentless curiosity and the ability to find path in unknown. If you enjoy bringing stability in chaos, this is the perfect role for you.
- Strong project management skills including demonstrated ability to think end-to-end, manage long-term projects and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior stakeholders on cross-functional projects.
- Master's degree from a premier B-School with 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in strategic planning, consulting, exposure to start-ups/ rapid growth business will be preferred.