Managing Director at Gudah Consultants
Views:43 Applications:8 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Manager - Statutory Audit - Consulting Firm - CA (5-8 yrs)
Manager - Largest Consulting Firm - Pune - Stat Audit
The opportunity: EY is looking for Manager in Statutory Audit.
Your key responsibilities:
- Networking; Creates and manages good independent relationships with clients' senior management
- Good Commercial Acumen; Provides a perspective to clients on trends and emerging practices in the local and global market in relation to client's operations
- Client Management; Lead role in execution of client service and begins to serve as a Trusted Business Advisor, use in-depth knowledge of the client to anticipate and address complex issues
- Business Development; Lead preparation of high quality proposals including developing the fees/entry strategy
- Contributes to the profitability of the firm; Generates additional work from existing clients and supports in selling new client proposals
- Leads and coordinates the planning and management of assignments with guidance from the partner
- Manages projects and processes; Balances multiple priorities by considering risk, importance, level of urgency, political impacts and other linkages
- Technical competence & strategic thinking; Demonstrates a good level of technical knowledge and judgment and has the ability to develop well-reasoned and researched arguments on client issues, demonstrates expertise in auditing telecom companies.
- Risk management; Provides pertinent guidance and advices to colleagues on quality or risk management issues, enables colleagues to address risk and quality issues by providing advice based on his experience
- Knowledge management; Strong contribution to knowledge sharing efforts, reviews and continually improves processes so that the team and the firm capture and leverage knowledge
- Leadership & Team work; Creates a climate of high performance in the team, promotes a good understanding of his team's goals and contribution
- Counseling and people development; Proactively provides guidance on development of technical, interpersonal and soft skills to improve competence of the team members and counselees
- Exhibit professional demeanor; Look and sound professional, demonstrate appropriate conduct
Skills & attributes for success:
- Should have handled statutory audit assignments earlier
- Must have strong knowledge of auditing & accounting standards
- Strong exposure in auditing manufacturing, retail, pharmaceutical industries etc.Good presentation skills and ability to respond promptly
- Ability to prioritize work on multiple assignments & manage ambiguity
- Should be a team player with a proactive & result oriented approach
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- 5 to 8 years of post-qualification experience
Ideally you'll also have:
- Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility.