Manager - Sourcing - Cereals (3-7 yrs)
Sourcing Manager - Cereals
About our client :
Our client is a B2B trade platform for small & medium businesses in India. It brings traders, wholesalers, distributors, retailers and manufacturers in India on to a single platform.
The role expects the person to :
- Lead sourcing engagements across relevant category to enable new business initiatives to launch and scale rapidly
- Identifying the Right Vendors from a long term strategic point of View, Maintaining Relationships with them & developing their capabilities to ensure we meet our Category Strategic objectives
- Identify Key Portfolio gaps and finding the right vendors to fill them across cities in India
- Responsible for functional areas such as buying, pricing, inventory management and operations to drive the performance of vendor partners
- Managing the fundamentals of sourcing and supplier engagement activities including analysis of spends, contract analysis, bid evaluation, negotiations, and supplier consolidation
- Establish long term partnerships with key vendor partners for the group of vendors handled
- Support the launches of new programs, categories and features.
- 3-8 years of experience in the Indian retail market in supply/ category management roles in Staples category
- Has owned and managed a 10cr+ portfolio in previous stints
- Has grown through his /her career working at various levels in business development profiles
- Is a sales/ relationship champion and understands behavioural levers to get best out of partnerships
- Is an ecommerce enthusiast and deeply relate with the ability of ecommerce to disrupt FMCG industry at large
- Passionate and driven individuals looking to work with a similar bunch of people!
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.