Partner at Change Equation
Views:863 Applications:246 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:224
Manager - Service Delivery - IT (10-15 yrs)
The IT Service Delivery Manager is accountable for the end-to-end delivery of programs and projects to meet customer needs, and responsible for customer relationships across their span of control. The IT Service Delivery Manager is responsible for the relationships with their customers for a single geography (including global) within a service line or Core Business Services (CBS) function.
The IT Service Delivery Manager (SDM) will report into the Digital Experience Service Delivery Head (SDL) and will be responsible for driving the delivery and migration of the IT Projects associated to the Digital. Advance Analytics (DAAT) technology roadmap. You will work closely with the (DAAT) team and, the DAAT Product Board, manage supporting technology vendors, and lead the successful technology delivery for exceptional digital experience.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving and supporting the Digital Advance Analytic Technology teams to plan and execute the Build, Release and Test of all future features. This will include enabling best in class project teams as well as managing the active Service and retiring the legacy.
As the IT Service Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of geographically dispersed resources to deliver technology projects on time and within budget for the domain and geography for which they have responsibility.
- Maintaining end-to-end accountability for customer satisfaction and overall delivery excellence within specific service line or CBS function and geographic responsibilities
- Work with their teams to determine necessary activities to successfully deliver projects throughout the given service line or function.
- Ensure that the right type and number of resources that are required to fulfill the planned projects are available and in place through cooperation with Resource Planners.
- Delivering customer satisfaction and overall excellence by identifying opportunities (or issues) and assisting with speedy resolution
- Understanding the pipeline of demand and work with the Resource Planners to ensure an appropriate supply of resources.
- Responsible for financial management and reporting and optimizing processes.
- you are also expected to contribute to the wider goals of IT Services.
- Juggling multiple and conflicting priorities in a timely and sensitive way, with full transparency to the Digital Experience SDL and DAAT Product Board
- Managing and leading complex stakeholders towards optimal solutions while helping them understand resource constraints and prioritisation.
- Holding the teams to the highest standards, project discipline and accountability
- Continuously improving the technical delivery model and strategy, implementing and managing delivery with the associated teams. This will be critical to reaching organization strategic objectives for FY-21and beyond.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Support the development of Account plans using Firm's Account Management Framework
- Initiate, build and sustain productive relationships.
- Serve as an escalation point for customer concerns if/when they arise.
- Identify appropriate resolution to achieve client satisfaction in a timely manner.
- Help develop account strategy and plan that best leverages firm resources and strategies to meet customer expectations.
- Monitor and manage end-to-end delivery of programs and projects sponsored by one or more customer groups to scope, time and budget.
- Enforce standard methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Provide leadership and direction to project team members.
- Evaluate and identify potential redundant applications, infrastructure and tools
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Must be able to work within a matrix organization - balancing the needs of the customer against firm initiatives and goals.
- Must be able to identify appropriate product/service offerings to meet the client's needs.
- Must make decisions, such as prioritize relationships to develop, negotiate with customers and overcome obstacles.
- Manage multiple teams to deliver projects in alignment with customer needs with transparency to IT Services and customer stakeholders.
- Identify, manage, and resolve complex issues, preventing escalations, where possible
- Manage, negotiate, and resolve project risks effectively.
- Demonstrate, by example, in-depth knowledge of the plug and play IT service competency principles and practices, including coaching, learning, and mentoring.
- Leader and team player - sets example for project managers, business analysts and others to follow.
- Create an open, honest, accountable and collaborative team environment.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Proven track record of delivering a collection projects and products for a portfolio size of $5M - $10M
- 10+ years of business development, project delivery and client relationship management in a technology environment
- Good business acumen and ability to negotiate with business partners.
- Strong customer orientation and able to manage customer expectations.
- Good executive presence
- Ability to develop strategic plans and translate them to actionable roadmaps.
- Good financial and people leadership skills
- Initiates, builds and maintains productive customer relationships.
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Comfortable working in a matrixed organisation with excellent communication and networking skills - able to effectively manage and influence senior leaders as well as a broad range of stakeholder.
- Ability to manage risk, and encourage strategic risk management-based delivery in others to manage expectations and communicate effectively
- Strong collaboration skills to build teams across business boundaries.
- Leadership skills to successfully lead large, diverse and virtual teams. Agile working experience necessary.
- Drives operational improvements and efficiencies through the creation and implementation of rigorous process and controls, acts as a gatekeeper for quality
- Building trust with senior stakeholders in times of pressure.
- Experience in a cross-border role, successfully managing multiple complex projects at a global level and regional.
The IT Service Delivery Manager manages teams specifically responsible to deliver projects to each of the customers in their span of control
Frequency of Supervisory Contact - the IT Service Delivery Manager is expected to:
- conduct regular 1:1 briefing with the direct reports on an on-going and regular basis
- know the status of projects in his/her span of control and any key issues that may impact scope or budget.
- synthesize and communicate project and business issues on an on-going basis, manage the group's awareness of major business and IT issues, and help to prevent escalations, where possible
- The IT Service Delivery Manager is empowered to exercise sound judgment and encouraged to make clear decisions on project issues, managing customer relationships, delivering value, providing leadership and guidance to direct reports, and partnering with peer team members
- Global travel may be required
- Fluent English speaker
- A degree in Computer Science and/or a business-related degree; or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years in a corporate IT environment working with multiple disciplines to deliver projects in line with customer needs
- Significant experience in a customer service role and business management role
- Work experience in a professional services/consulting industry, preferred
- Experience managing external vendors, commercial negotiations.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, including cross-cultural competence.
- Proven delivery excellence ideally using Agile
- Strong leadership qualities and a passion for building high performing teams.
- Supports developing new business proposals and introduces new technology to enhance business solutions.
- Strong resource management skills & project management skills.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Digital/ Advance Analytic technology stack experience is preferred.
- Certifications in Project Management, Business Analysis and Project Assurance would be beneficial to performing this role
- Familiarity with ITIL v2 or 3 would be advantageous.