Manager/Senior Manager - Strategic Sourcing & Supply Chain Management (15-17 yrs)
- Guides In-Charge Sourcing on working with Engineering team for indigenization - replacing imports by sourcing locally at lower costs
- Maintains the stock at an optimum level to control costs without compromising on delivery or quality
- Ensures maintenance & continuous updation of a database of vendors / service providers, rates, specific strengths, etc
- Gathers market intelligence with respect to materials pricing, new vendors / service providers, new materials / technology etc.
- Develops the vendor base for the organization and classifies them by nature and frequency of transactions.
- Ensures timely procurement of materials for the plant, including imports as well as domestic purchases
- Ensures that the purchase related costs are at an optimum level
- Facilitates sourcing from local vendors to replace imports
- Manages vendor and other external relationships as relevant to the plant SCM function.
Sourcing & Costing on time
- Finding cost effective sources for BOM,
- Good knowledge of alternate sources with different perspective ( cost, time frame,location, consolidation etc),
- Negotiation skills with New Vendors
- Strong data base for costing references
- Market intelligence through vendor networking.
- Negotiate & finalise the contract
- On time order processing
- Ensure the ontime deliveries.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.