Manager/Senior Manager - M&A/Tax - Accounting Firm - CA (6-7 yrs)
Your job responsibilities will be:
- Leading a team comprising of qualified chartered accountant, tax assistants and handling a bouquet of corporate clients
- Leading transaction structuring assignments involving evaluation of alternative options including merger, demerger, slump sale etc.
- Inbound and outbound tax & regulatory advisory, structuring advisory, withholding tax advisory, permanent establishment advisory, etc.
- Managing tax due diligence from buy-side or sale-side support as may be applicable
- Actively working with cross-functional teams to provide holistic tax solutions to clients
- Working out Income Tax Rule Valuations as may be applicable
- Finalising client deliverables in consultation with the reporting supervisor
- Managing overall tax compliances for a portfolio of clients (generally large accounts with multiple entities in group). This would involve handling advisory, litigation and business tax requirements of clients, comprising of:
a. Providing holistic tax solutions to Client tax issues considering domestic tax and international tax
b. Provide tax risk analysis pro-actively on transactions planned by Clients.
c. Suggesting possible structuring options to meet the desired objectives of the client.
d. Withholding tax advisory on foreign remittance
e. Reviewing key corporate tax returns and vetting of tax positions
f. Overseeing litigation matters and attending to notices from the Tax Department
- Identifying new opportunities for serving existing clients, deciding the scope and pricing
- Supervising, training and mentoring the team
- Ensuring that projects are completed efficiently within the budgeted time and cost
- Supporting practice management initiatives and catering to financial metrics
- Supporting sales and marketing initiatives of the firm including originating leads, public speaking, meetings with prospective clients/multipliers, etc.
Core Competencies :
- Service Orientation - Should be aware of both - the internal as well as external customers and their needs; and is committed to meeting the customers' evolving, long-term needs - the focus is on SERVICE
- Result Orientation - Should be able to direct efforts towards developing and implementing realistic action plans to meet business objectives; with a sense of urgency - the focus is on achieving RESULTS
- Initiative - One must not only understand and accept the responsibilities towards his/her job; but also proactively works towards identifying challenges and its resolution - the focus is on seeking SOLUTIONS
- Professionalism - Should have in-depth knowledge of all functions and displays not only required skill-set, but also ethics and integrity while conducting the job - the focus is on PROFESSIONALISM
- Cooperation - One must ensure completion of all tasks at hand and simultaneously extends support to team members and displays joint ownership towards achieving business objectives - the focus is on TEAMWORK
- Communication/Feedback - Should believe in providing feedback to other associates and receiving feedbacks to enhance performance, thereby meeting business objectives - the focus is on OPEN COMMUNICATION
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE :
1. A strong passion and interest for tax especially International tax and M&A Tax, FEMA
2. 6+ years experience in:
- High end tax advisory including interpretation of double tax avoidance agreements and regulatory work
- Income tax advisory, litigation and compliance
- Assignments involving significant technical research
- Strong Project Management skills
- Working knowledge of Transfer Pricing principles
- Experience in/exposure to FEMA
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.