Consultant at Kelly Services
Views:5815 Applications:48 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Manager/Senior Manager - Legal - SCM/Non SCM/Regulatory - LLB - BPO (7-16 yrs)
Core competencies, knowledge and experience :
- Lead SME with strong academic knowledge in IT / ITES and other Laws and Regulations
- Multi-national experience preferred in Telecom, IT & ITES industry.
- Analytical skills with ability to think strategically, with a problem solving approach
- Team player
- Ability to handle pressure
- Exp. 8+ Years PQE and minimum 5+ years in handling Supply Chain Management contracts and matters
Role purpose :
- The incumbent is a key member of the Legal and Corporate Affairs team and is responsible for assisting the General Counsel in addressing legal and compliance requirements as per the prevailing laws and regulations in India.
- The incumbent will be directly accountable for matters pertaining to Legal compliance and should have had previous exposure to Legal matters and having prior experience of having dealt with contracts for Supply Chain Management (procurement of goods, services, software, contract labour, insurance, property, assets etc.) and partnering the business in a technology and non-technology Shared Shares environment.
- In order to achieve these objectives, the incumbent should proactively engage and collaborate with (i) the stakeholders across the business, finance, network, company secretarial and regulatory function; and (ii) the suppliers / vendors
- The incumbent is also expected assist the General Counsel and develop innovative and effective statutory risk mitigation strategies and solutions in accordance with business requirements which will support any new system or functional requirement within the Legal Framework to ascertain the magnitude of the Legal Risks in terms of monetary, reputation, liability / losses to the organization / clients.
- Front-end the vendor audits across and highlight any non-compliance by the vendors. Ensure effective coordination and compliance of all laws, regulations, policies and processes through regular follow-up and monitoring of vendors.
- Effectively monitor the Legal and Statutory compliance
- The incumbent will also be responsible for assisting the General Counsel in setting up policies and procedures in conformity with Group standards on Legal processes and mandates.
- The incumbent is also expected to work closely with the General Counsel and build an effective physical and online data management system for documents
- The incumbent will also be responsible for building a mechanism for ensuring there are no Legal breaches
Key account abilities and decision ownership
Assist the General Counsel in :
- Implementation and Compliance of Legal Requirements through (i) timely closure / renewal of Contracts and Agreements with vendors / suppliers of for all locations (as applicable), after liaising with the SCM team and cross-functions (ii) closure of pending issues pertaining to vendors, (iii) effective liaison with Internal Stakeholders (Business Verticals, Corporate Functions, Risk and Compliance heads of relating to Legal matters- timely execution and / or renewal of all property leave and licence agreements, sub-licence Agreements for (v) maintain a daily tracker with status of matters ensuring that the accurate data is updated on SCM portals, and the share point site from time to time (vii) conduct an identification, analysis and closure of statutory gaps by vendors and submit a Risk Assessment Report to the General Counsel.
- Driving Awareness Programs with relevant stakeholders to ensure completeness in information dissemination among all employees aton statutory matters, risks and compliances through new Joinee Training, Refresher Training and Video Recordings, - Doing What's Right- Communication / Initiative, Contribute to Legal, Legal and Privacy Communication from General Counsel's Desk, Legal Implementation and Trouble Shooting Programs.
- Review and update physical records and files and the online files on a share point drive / shared folder to ensure an accessible, updated contracts, records and retention mechanism is in place . Maintain an updated tracker of all Contracts with vendors .
- Managing and ensuring closure of vendor audits highlighting major non-compliance or adverse observation/penalty. Follow-up with vendors to ensure compliance.
- Efficiency and effectiveness of the implementation of statutory framework mechanism, statutory control & compliance mechanism, create and maintain an updated Statutory Compliance Checklist Level) for effective legal risk mitigation strategies and solutions in accordance with business requirements for supporting the business needs. -
Key performance indicators :
- Ensure complete statutory compliance within the TATs agreed with the relevant stakeholders and effective legal risk mitigation mechanism at
- Maintain strong relations with the internal and external stakeholders (vendors etc.) for ensuring all the locations are operating their respective businesses as per the requirements under the requisite laws and regulations in force, as amended from time to time
- Manage vendor audits across highlighting non-compliances and any adverse observations, ensure the non-compliance are rectified by the vendor through regular follow-ups and monitoring
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.