Entrepreneur at Purple Squirrel Consulting Services
Views:3813 Applications:113 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Manager/Senior Manager - Legal - Media (2-8 yrs)
The client is an industry body set up to design, commission, supervise and own an accurate, reliable and timely television audience measurement system for India. The company brings together the three key stakeholders in television audience measurement - broadcasters, advertisers, and advertising and media agencies, via their apex bodies. They are hiring for a Manager or Senior Manager Legal based out of their Mumbai office.
- Litigation : Proactively resolve legal issues and provide solutions to avoid litigation. Initiate and defend legal proceedings.
- Commercial contracts : Effectively represent the company in commercial negotiations. Prepare, review and finalise agreements in connection with the Company's business, including content acquisition, distribution and licensing, purchase of technical and operational equipment, production, management and technical services, event management, marketing and sales, sales agency representation etc.
- Regulatory : Assist and advise pm government actions and regulatory requirements including :
1. Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)
2. Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB)
3. Responses to notices received from TRAI and ensure compliance with all requirements.
4. Representing the Company before the Telecom Dispute Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT). Assist and advise accounting, financial and HR executives regarding credit matters, labor laws, provident fund, shops and establishment requirements etc. and the development of solutions to address accounting and financial concerns.
- Compliance matters including managing and enforcing corporate global compliance policies and local company laws.
- Experience in both private practice and in-house with major corporates and multinational companies, with focus on commercial and business transactions.
- Experience in media, technology and intellectual property law is highly desired.