Senior Manager at GIPS Executive Search
Views:202 Applications:63 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:49
Manager/Senior Manager - Legal Disputes/Litigation - IT/Infra/BFSI/Manufacturing (8-15 yrs)
Position title: Manager / Senior Manager - Legal (Disputes / Litigation)
Reports to: Director - Legal, Reputation and Risk Office (RRO)
Primary purpose of the role:
- Helping to formulate responses to contentious matters where raised by clients, stakeholders, employees, etc.
- Advising on and/or helping to conduct internal inquiries, investigations, etc.
- Reporting and managing reporting systems and processes.
- Proactively helping to manage risks and, to the extent practicable, mitigating the risks, improving processes.
Major responsibilities & deliverables:
- Research on various legal positions, case laws, etc.
- Advising on other laws such as POSH.
- Drive projects for the RRO team. Supporting other Functions in matters such as clients and markets, etc.
The candidate must have solid legal knowledge and skills, ability to apply that to practical situations, and a solution-oriented, pragmatic approach to balance risk and reward.
The candidate must have solid technical knowledge of dispute resolution process, strategy and tactics and, in a professional manner, be able to find out efficient, pragmatic ways of dealing with contentious issues.
The following are important, among others:
- Risk spotting ability - the candidate must be able to quickly assess the risk areas and recommend ways of mitigating or managing them.
- Analytical skills - should be able to use judgment, analyze facts and draw logical conclusions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills - should be able to draft legal clauses / contracts, prepare reports and correspondence related to work
- Creative thinking.
Qualifications required: Bachelor of Law (LLB). Graduation in Commerce, desirable.
Experience required, Any Specific Industry / Company exposure: - Experience - Around 8-12 years
- Experience of handling contentious matters in IT, Consulting, Infrastructure Advisory, Financial Services, or Manufacturing industry.