Senior Manager at GIPS Executive Search
Views:171 Applications:50 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
Manager/Senior Manager - Legal & Contracting - IT/Infra/BFSI/Manufacturing (8-12 yrs)
Position title: Manager / Senior Manager - Legal
Reports to: Director - Legal, Reputation and Risk Office (RRO)
Primary purpose of the role:
Drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex contracts, master service agreements/documentation, reviewing for risk identification and managing/mitigation, and other legal matters. Drive projects for the RRO team. Supporting other Functions in matters such as clients and markets, etc.
Major responsibilities & deliverables:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex contracts, master service agreements/documentation, reviewing for risk identification and managing/mitigation, and other legal matters.
- Drive projects for the RRO team. Supporting other Functions in matters such as clients and markets, etc.
- Generally assisting the Director - Legal in the legal matters relating to risk and potential liabilities
- Developing formats / templates for various contracts.
- Assistance in developing policies for the firm from risk and quality perspective.
- Assistance in preparing material (presentations) for workshops & training programs.
- Other legal matters
The candidate must have solid legal knowledge and skills, ability to apply that to practical situations, and a solution-oriented, pragmatic approach to balance risk and reward. The following are important, among others:
- Risk spotting ability - the candidate must be able to quickly assess the risk areas and recommend ways of mitigating or managing them.
- Analytical skills - should be able to use judgment, analyse facts and draw logical conclusions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills - should be able to draft legal clauses / contracts, prepare reports and correspondence related to work
- Dispute resolution experience would be desirable
Qualifications required: Bachelor of Law (LLB). Graduation in Commerce, desirable
Experience required, Any Specific Industry / Company exposure:
- Experience - Around 8-12 years
- Experience preferably that of providing business support to client facing businesses in IT, Consulting, Infrastructure Advisory, Financial Services, or Manufacturing industry.