Senior Consultant at Mirus Solutions
Views:302 Applications:142 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Manager/Senior Manager - Corporate Legal - NBFC (5-9 yrs)
Looking to hire for a well funded NBFC .
- Act as a trusted advisor and deliver expert legal advice in relation to the laws and regulations governing financial services products.
- To partner with the business teams, delivering a best in class legal service that enables the business to deliver on their objectives, whilst effectively managing legal risk and ensuring good outcomes.
- To provide input to the strategy and delivery of initiatives both within the business and the Legal function.
- Proactively identifying and advising on legal and regulatory risks, escalating these as necessary to stakeholders, and assisting with recommending and implementing solutions, including in relation to the implementation of new legislation and regulatory requirements; and
- Provide input to new and existing policies and procedures to ensure that any changes to processes are within the permitted legal and regulatory framework;
- Acts as a trusted advisor to business and other infrastructure areas;
- Builds strong risk partnerships with colleagues in other functions;
- Adds value in commercial as well as technical discussions;
- Consistently delivers against a broad range of competing targets;
- Drives good cost control behaviour, especially around external spend;
- Contributes to the development and implementation of team objectives and strategy;
- Proactively collaborates across different teams and geographies both within and
- Legal to break down silos.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Qualified and enrolled lawyer, 5-9 years PQE, in a corporate legal role, from similar NBFCs or Bank
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Regulatory technical expertise in financial services
- Project management - including advising and leading on implementation of new laws of regulations