Senior Consultant at Gi Group
Views:4584 Applications:100 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Manager/Senior Manager - Analytics - SAS + Emblem - BFSI (2-8 yrs)
- Bachelors/Master's degree in economics, mathematics, actuarial sciences, computer science/engineering, operations research or related analytics areas; candidates with BA/BS degrees in the same fields from the top tier academic institutions are also welcome to apply
- 2-7 years- experience, preferably in general insurance pricing analytics for personal and commercial lines of business
- Model development experience in SAS and Emblem
- Data and model analysis experience using Radar
- Strong and in-depth understanding of statistics
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in fast pace continuously evolving environment and ready to take up uphill challenges
- Is able to understand cross cultural differences and can work with clients across the globe.
- Complete understanding of the current state of affairs and problem statement
- Experience in data extraction and data manipulation in SAS
- In-depth data analysis like identifying major trends, univariate and multi-variate analysis
- Importing, merging and appending different datasets, joins in SAS
- Complete understanding of SAS macros and other SAS functions like - proc import, proc sort, proc sql, data merge, proc transpose, proc export, proc sgplot, proc genmod, proc hpgenselect etc.
- Experience in using SAS macros for Emblem and preparing datasets in SAS for Emblem modeling
- Personal and commercial lines general insurance pricing, application of GLM using Emblem. Building the loss cost models in Emblem by applying the GLM technique, involving identifying and analyzing the trends in the rating factors, and correlations among them. Building a simple factor model, followed by interaction testing and simplification of the rating factors and applying the inflation and reserving adjustments for future projections, validating the model and model management.
- Building models and performing portfolio segment analysis in Radar
- Experience in data control and data automation
- Knowledge of general insurance domain and P&C actuarial concepts is a must
- Good written and verbal communication skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.