Founder at Serving Skill
Views:1197 Applications:89 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:37
Manager - Secondary Operations - FMCG (7-10 yrs)
Manager Secondary Operations - Kolkata
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB :
- Managing secondary transportation in a cost efficient manner and deliver targeted cost savings and service levels.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
Customer Service and Logistics Operations :
- Creating systems to ensure the desired customer service levels by reviewing and Improve - Execution with in Same day.
- To develop and implement systems to track the TITs to the customers and ensure the same is as per the customer requirements.
- Create the policies related to Logistics Operations and align the Field Teams on the same.
- Analyze the Operational Performance locations on an All India basis and identify the Weak Performing Locations.
- Draw out action Plans along with locations and Review the same to ensure that the performance is improved.
Freight Optimization and Vendor Development :
- Continuously update the vendor base for Secondary and explore the National Vendors along with the District.
- Analyze freight performance branch wise and provide benchmarks to the districts for improvements.
- Benchmark the different logistics practices across the other FMCG companies and finalize ITC strategy on secondary Freight for different markets along with the RLMs.
- Evaluate different models of buying and different initiatives to optimize freight rate by working with vendors, Branches and Field teams
- Provide Tools and expertise to the field Teams on transportation optimization through route/frequency optimization.
- Lead the internal bench-marking exercise and create action plans at location level to deliver the targeted saving.
- Working on right sizing the frequency of service to the Distributors(FDOS) and implementing action plans.
Cost Management :
- Work with Warehouse Service Providers in improving the productivity to reduce the delivery cost.
- Collaborate with Vendors/Industry to create new options for reducing the delivery cost.
- Work on the different levers to optimize the freight per unit.
- Negotiation of rates with transporter /WSP Service providers.
- Work with locations to reduce the cost of damages
KEY INTERFACES :
- Category development team, SBU team
- Functional teams including Finance and HR
- Service Providers including Transporters, Warehouses
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
- Post Graduate with specialism in Industrial Engineering/Industrial Management/Manufacturing Management/Operations Management/Supply Chain from NITIE, IIM A, B, L, K, SPJIMR, XLRI, IITK - VGSOM, IITB SJMSOM, MDI and FMS.
- 7 - 9 years of experience in demand planning and logistics in FMCG.
Must Have :
- Experience of handling Logistics Service Providers/ Warehouse Service Provider/Branches (i.e. multiple stake holders) in a similar environment for at least 2-3 years in FMCD/Cement/FMCG in a similar role and must have lead a team of 2-3 Asst. Managers.
- Good understanding of RCA, Analytics, SAP, Productivity Measurement and basic understanding of Supply chain processes.
- Experience in Freight negotiations and understanding about the cost fundamentals.
Job Location : Kolkata
Experience : 7-10 years
Salary : 40- 45 LPA