Head - Operations at Aviate
Views:2160 Applications:397 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:321
Manager - School Partnerships - FinTech Startup (3-7 yrs)
Manager - School Partnerships - FinTech Startup
We are a mission-oriented early-stage fin-tech startup building a suite of carefully tailored financial products and delivery mechanisms to fulfill the aspirations and needs of middle-income households in urban India.
Started by three co-founders, who have a pedigreed education background (IIT/IIM) and relevant professional experience in financial services (ex-Nomura, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Barclays, Edelweiss Capital). More importantly, they come from a similar background as the customer segment they are serving, and have done extensive customer research to understand the needs of the customer.
We are backed by high-quality investors to realize this mission.
- VC investors; Elevation Capital, Matrix Partners - investors in Paytm, Swiggy, Urban Company, Ola, Practo etc.
- Angel investors; Kunal Shah (CRED), Nithin Kamath (Zerodha), Amit Ranjan (SlideShare)
Founded at the beginning of the year 2020 with a mission to positively impact the lives of people through well-designed financial products. We believe that financial products can have the power to significantly improve the lives of people if it is designed with the end needs in focus. Year-long research trying to understand these needs has culminated in the founding of this company.
We aim to be a multi-product fintech platform to make education-related payments easy, convenient, and rewarding for all parents and students. We adopt a first-principles approach to crafting new financial products - understanding the needs and aspirations of customers and structuring financial products backward from there.
Our first product is an innovative financing product to help middle-income households manage their school fee expense. Our second product is a custom suite of payment solutions for schools and colleges.
We currently works with 400+ schools and has served 12k+ parents last year.
- We are just getting started! This is not just an opportunity to be part of the startup journey but help shape the journey by building things from scratch. We are looking to hire a core team member to facilitate our partnership with schools.
- Schools are the focal point of our growth at this point - as we are able to serve parents with this innovative monthly fee payment plan, only of the schools we have tied up with. So, the opportunity is to be an instrumental part of charting the growth path of a potentially large impactful organization.
1. School sales: Primary responsibility is to sell to schools and bring them onboard
- Tie up with schools and onboard them so that we can offer the Jodo plan to the parents in the school
- Negotiate and get into commercial agreements with schools
- Upsell our other payment products in the schools
2. Stakeholder Management in Schools:
- Enable Jodo to liaison with the schools tied up with, for close to everything from meeting the parents, doing events etc.
- Forge a strong relationship with the school management and principal and be their first port of call on anything to do with finances
3. Team Building: Build a high quality sales team and lead it in that city
What are we looking for?
- Self-starter with a high sense of ownership - Comfortable to work with minimal supervision and do sales independently
- Ability to drive sales and closures - Have the capability to do standalone meetings with school management and drive closures
- Hungry to learn and grow - Passion to learn & be a better version of oneself; motivated to succeed
- Bias for action - Have the temperament to experiment and execute in uncertainty
- Hustler - Ability to generate resources to solve a problem
- Intellectual honesty - Always seeking and presenting truth irrespective of personal POV or beliefs
- Mission-oriented - Deeply care about delivering value and making an impact on customer's lives
- 3+ years of doing b2b sales
- Entrepreneurial mindset ; the ability to be able to crack school deals independently and work to get tangible results without too much handholding
- Willingness to be on the ground most of the time and doing field sales
- Relevant experience of selling to schools is desirable but not a requirement
- Becoming a part of the early core team
- Competitive salary plus ESOPs
- Work with colleagues from strong backgrounds & hungry to succeed
- Opportunity to interact with and learn from high-pedigree investors & mentors - VCs: Elevation Capital (erstwhile SAIF Partners), Matrix Partners. Select angel investors: Kunal Shah, Nithin Kamat, Amit Ranjan
Role: Manager - School Partnerships
- Location: Multiple Locations PAN India - Ahmedabad/ Rajkot/ Surat/ Patna/ Bhopal/ Indore/ Lucknow/ Kanpur/ Kolkata/ Dehradun/ Guwahati/ Bhubaneshwar/ Chennai/ Trivandrum
- Compensation; Negotiable based on candidate profile (structured as Fixed + Variable + ESOPs)
- Reporting directly to one of the founders
- Date of Joining; ASAP