Consultant at CareerNet Technologies Pvt Ltd
Views:5591 Applications:133 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Manager - Sales & Business Development - eCommerce (7-10 yrs)
Manager-Sales & BD with one of the leading eCommerce company in India for Bangalore location.
Role and Responsibilities :
- May have direct People Management responsibility
- Define category focus for the Marketplace organization
- Collaborate with Category Management and Sales for brand/seller recruitment
- Attend trade-shows and other seller-facing events to identify key sellers, brands who may want to operate as sellers and understand category-relevant trends
- Approve deals based on SOP agreed with category management (and other teams like Finance or Site Merchandising, as necessary)
- Resolve seller-related escalations for the Marketplace, where SOPs do not suffice, and BDM intervention is required
Strategic Projects :
- Lead deployment of seller-facing features & functionality within category
- Identify and initiate projects for improving seller program & platform
- Lead scalable projects to improve data & product
Seller engagement :
- Provide inputs to Account Management for identifying strategic sellers
- Share category goals and best practices with sellers
- Perform high-level business reviews - understand their strategy and goals
- Communicate category-specific policy changes
- Identify marketing opportunities within the category
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify and mitigate category specific seller issues (counterfeit, gray market goods, review abuse, etc.)
Business Reporting :
- Represent the Marketplace business for the category at review meetings
- Provide financial planning inputs
- Analyze the business to understand trends, shifts, spikes/dips etc.
Basic Qualifications :
- MBA or equivalent, with at least 7 years of experience in Sales/Account management, E-commerce or retail.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Experience in directly leading operational and project teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Work experience in consumer product sales/marketing or in e-commerce.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.