Director at Ideal Placement & Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
Views:296 Applications:83 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Manager - Safety - Plant (8-15 yrs)
Manager - Safety (A leading MNC)
Safety Management :
- Involvement in review of the safety policy annually or whenever required
- Periodic review of the health and safety performance against set goals and objectives
- Comply with all applicable health and safety statutory regulations
- Ensure implementation of the Companys Safety Manual to achieve its health and safety objectives
- Maintain and continually upgrade health and safety standards at the plant.
- Conduct risk assessments, safety audits / inspections at prescribed frequency and take all remedial measures to mitigate fire and safety hazards, arising out of plant operations, within and around the plant
- Define roles and responsibilities of employees in the safety organization of the plant.
- Keep employees informed, educated, trained and retrained on health and safety to ensure safe conduct of their jobs.
- Encourage employee consultation to promote safety and building a safe work culture.
- Ensure that each and every employee including contractors and visitors comply with all safety rules and regulations framed for the plant.
- Implement Behavior Based Safety Program at the plant.
- Ensure safety Induction program for all new entrants and continuous training programs for all employees working in the plant.
- Ensure safety meetings in the plant and closing safety points of such meetings.
- Appropriate action, in case of a violation by an employee, as per rules and procedures framed for the purpose
- Ensure that all safety equipment are maintained in good Manner
- Ensure Safety of the employees during use of work equipment such as machinery in motion, dangerous machines, self-acting machines, casing of new machinery and revolving machinery
- Ensure that all employees and contractors worker are aware about work permit system and are trained.
- Arrange access equipment to work at height/ confined space Ensure material safety data sheet for all chemicals available in the plant and train all employees on MSDS.
- Control the exposure of persons and the environment to substance hazardous to health, to prevent injury, illness or damage
- Ensure that there are procedures in place for the examination, inspection, maintenance and safe operation of all mobile (manual and self-propelled) plant or equipment.
- Ensure that adequate controls are in place for the correct provision and use of personal protective equipment to assist in the prevention of injury.
- Incorporate ergonomic principles in all aspects of the working environment in order to prevent injury and ill-health.
Fire Control System:
- Identify the hazard and risks for fire within the plant and control them with appropriate measures.
- Ensure that documented procedures and effective systems are in place for safe evacuation of people in the event of a fire.
- Establish systems and procedures for dealing with emergency situations.
Measurement and Control Systems:
- Reporting system for incidents is to capture all unintended / unplanned events that have resulted in losses or have the potential to do so
- Ensure that all incidents including near misses and damages are investigated to prevent their re-occurrence.
- Ensure that safety statistics are maintained to measure the safety performance of the organization.
- Ensure that adequate signage is displayed to warn of danger, hazards, and actions to be taken, safe and prohibited areas
- Companys Internal HR Document-Strictly Confidential around the workplace.
- Ensure that identification of the contents and direction of flow of substances, including gases and vapours in pipes and vessels.
Desired candidate profile: M.Tech Industrial Safety with 8-10 years of experience
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.