Managing Director at Impact HR Services
Views:1714 Applications:28 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Manager - Safety/Health & Environment - Speciality Chemicals (10-18 yrs)
Manager - SHE for a global MNC speciality chemicals org.in Bharuch
Client Profile: Our client is an established, reputed, leading, Global MNC Speciality Chemicals organisation. They are setting up a greenfield manufacturing plant in Bharuch. Our clients seek to recruit young, dynamic & experienced Safety, Health, Environment specialist to head the function. The positions is based in Bharuch and reports to the Plant-Head. Our clients offer excellent salary/perks as per industry norms & commensurate with experience.
What can you expect : Autonomy in decision making, Exciting environment while doing industry first experiments/ innovations, Highly meritocratic set up - High growth trajectory when you do well
Interviews are scheduled mid-July and the position is expected to be closed by end-July.
We have the following vacancy:
Head-Safety, Health, Environment: Will head the function and lead a small team. Will have full decision making authority within the context of budget and priorities agreed with Site Manager. Full authority to stop any unsafe act or process that can harm individual, environment, property. Ensure that all necessary quality documents are kept up-to-date. Financial authority according to company regulations
1. Ensuring compliance of all legal permissions for site and personnel
2. Reorting all EHS data internally and externally.
3. Develop and set up occupational health, safety & environment strategy and improvements for site.
4. Mentor, coach and train line staff to implement and sustain EHS practices, with internal and external training. Training needs for permanent employees and contractors are developed and implemented.
5. Management Representative for EHS for competent authorities, stakeholders, certifying agencies
6. To interface and contribute with Global Responsible Care and facilitate information exchange and advise site management on compliance with Global Responsible Care guidelines, processes & standards .
7. Liaise with Corporate product stewardship to ensure product safety data sheets and other product legislation is complied with.
8. Management Representative for all site certifications like ISO 9001, ISO14000, FAMI.
9. Handling Quality complaints, product quality performance reviews and data updation
10.Design, develop and implement an EHS organisation. Set department and individual targets aligned with site targets.
11.Manage the Hazard Review and HAZOP processes for site
12.Owner of DMS (Document Management System)
13.This role leads the EHS function for site and represents the site in this function at corporate level
14.Accountable for ensuring Indian and local laws are complied, recognised, understood and communicated to the organisation.
15.Ensure compliance of all legal permissions for site and personnel of the site. Maintain working knowledge of legal obligations under Indian and local authority Environment, Health and Safety law.
16.Being Management representative, organise and co-ordinate external audits from competent authorities, stakeholder groups and certification auditors. Identify required internal EHS audit programme, facilitate these and act as an internal auditor
17.Responsible for EHS fixed cost budget
18.Manage and analyse quality related customer claims (production, SC, sales related).
19.Support functional managers to comply with their responsibilities in the key areas of risk control, social responsibility, EHS legal obligations, and occupational health and safety, by the maintenance of EHS systems and provision of independent advice, training and coaching, monitoring and assistance.
20.Responsible for competence, performance and effectiveness of own staff (PMD etc.).
21.Acts as champion for the company's health and safety initiatives
22.Financial budget setting and management for the EHS function costs
23.Co-ordinate overall EHS performance with respect to target setting, monitoring and review for site
24.Manage and lead EHS team in the provision and maintenance of EHS systems, training, consultation, performance monitoring and emergency management co-ordination
25.Establish and maintain procedures for reporting and investigating EHS deviations (incidents, injuries, risks, etc.)
26.Set up the Site EHS Committee and ensure required people are invited, for Incident/Accident RCFA
27.Develop,maintain all EHS processes e.g. SWP,LOTOTO, JSA, RA,HAZOP
- B .Tech/M.Tech in engineering or M.SC in chemistry. A recognised qualification or working towards a recognised Health & Safety management qualification, such as a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent. 10-15 years experience in the chemical industry, preferably in a high process safety hazard manufacturing environment.
- Sound Knowledge in EHS field and Management systems. Experience of auditing and co-ordinating document control systems is an advantage.
Interested professionals may apply with updated CV along with photograph and current CTC details mentioned in resume.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.