Manager - Research & Insights - Real Estate (9-12 yrs)
Description : Manager - Real Estate
The Real Estate (RE) research team is part of a broader financial services industry (FSI) within the Research & Insights group. We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated individual who is accustomed to working both independently and collaboratively on both small and large projects in a close-knit team. We are seeking a person with 9-12 years of experience in the RE sector with strong research, analytical, and writing skills, and an excellent command of the English language.
Work you'll do :
- The professional will be expected to lead production and deployment of thought leadership pertaining to the RE sector of FSI, bulk of which would be published externally. The professional will have to surface research ideas, frame hypotheses, analyze quantitative and qualitative data, synthesize findings, and demonstrate strong analytical and writing skills. The professional will work with the India-based RE colleagues and selectively with senior leaders from U.S. RE practice.
- Thought leadership includes deliverables such as in-depth research reports, client presentations, case studies, articles, and blog posts that integrate research from both primary and secondary sources. Examples of research sources include proprietary surveys, interviews with subject matter experts and industry leaders, third-party databases and commissioned research, and secondary research, such as analyst reports, government publications,presentations, industry commentaries, and news articles.
- Develop solid research ideas that are aligned with the sector strategy.
- Design research proposal and formulate research plan.
- Present research proposals and findings to senior colleagues in the United States.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge in RE industry or specific sub-sectors such as REITs by delivering industry insights. Candidates with no prior U.S. RE experience will be expected to ramp-up quickly on the sector.
- Analyze academic literature, primary research, financial statements and indicators, case studies, and quantitative data (a knowledge of advanced statistical analysis will be necessary for the latter).
- Work collaboratively with the practice leadership and other teams (e.g., marketing professionals, knowledge management, and public relations) to prepare thought leadership deliverables.
- Independently write professional, publication-worthy reports targeted at a C-suite audience.
- Liaise with the RE research leader to understand, refine, and manage project expectations and priorities.
- Develop and mentor junior team members
Requisite core skills:
- Passionate about developing "ahead of the curve," provocative thinking, delivering results, and achieving success.
- Self-motivated, innovative, and strong team player.
- Solid influencing, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Sound knowledge of the RE sector, preferably the US region.
- Ability to research and provide deep insights on varied and complex RE sector topics. Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies (strong statistical analysis skills are preferred).
- Strong analytical skills with extensive experience in one or more of the following research methods: Primary research (surveys, interviews), financial analysis, secondary research, data analysis, and case study research.
- Strong narrative writing skills- ability to develop an appealing and succinct narrative. Prior experience in report-writing and research report development is preferred.
- Strong presentation and verbal and written communication skills, and experience communicating to, and working with, virtual teams.
- Ability to develop compelling and analytical data visualizations using one or more software tools, such as Excel, Tableau, PowerPoint or others.
- Accustomed to working in teams, including virtual teams. Highly developed personal and professional ethics are expected.
- Social media: Broad understanding of key social media platforms is preferable- Twitter and LinkedIn.