Client Relationship Manager at QSS Global
Views:82 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Manager - Research & Development - Agronomy (8-10 yrs)
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of Agribusiness operations and objectives, including supplier contracts and the impact of raw quality.
- Utilize various communication and demonstration methods to advise and train the regional supplier group.
- Assist growers in identifying opportunities to improve crop yield and delivered quality by developing an enhanced Package of Practices based on historical data.
- Support seed grower compliance with sustainability reporting through AgPortal, GMS, and other means, including pesticide records, fertilization records, and water usage. Maintain company's GAP records.
- Conduct variety evaluation trials for new variety establishment, address emerging seed issues and find effective solutions.
- Engage with the company's growers and the regional agriculture community to conduct research. Identifying and cross-checking disease and pest issues with relevant literature and institutes.
- Provide guidance on achieving optimal plant health and productivity through best practices related to crop nutrients, crop protectants, and storage management techniques.
- Assist in developing regionalized variety management profiles for testing on a commercial scale.
- Conduct sustainability and survey audits and promote practices to enhance sustainability, such as IPM adoption.
- Support and promote Decision Support Systems for disease management in the absence of alternatives, including maintaining weather monitoring where public systems are unavailable.
- Attend and actively participate in local and national agricultural production education meetings to stay informed about current agricultural practices.
- Engage in research and collaboration with public research institutions and private companies to explore and develop new technologies.
- Gather knowledge from various sources, including institutions, senior management, the company Ag Net, SAU, and practical insights from farmers, to train the contract farming team effectively.
- Promptly seek input from the contract farming team to understand challenges and design yield improvement trials for practical solutions.
- Address potato storage-related issues, comply with local regulations, and conduct chemical trials or recommend best management practices to the supply team.
- Identify and diagnose storage-related diseases, and conduct storage experiments using analytical experimental design, and propose appropriate solutions.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the operation team involved in processing potatoes to understand seed-related concerns.
- Provide efficient support to the supply chain team and contract farming team.
- Skillfully train and engage the team to empower them to manage their responsibilities independently.
- Must have a Master/Ph.D. degree in Agriculture/Horticulture with 8-10 years of experience in variety trial and or breeding and or crop production, preferably in potato crops.
- Nice to have: A Master/Ph.D. degree in Agriculture/Horticulture with 5-7 years of experience in Potato crop production.
Related Work Experience (Internal to the organization or external):
- Should have previous experience in developing POP (package of practices) for crops and should have a thorough knowledge of conducting agronomy trials.