Manager - Research - Banking & Securities Sector - Research & Eminence Team (8-12 yrs)
Manager - Banking & Securities
The banking and securities (B&S) research team is part of a broader financial services industry (FSI) within the Research & Eminence group. We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated individual who is accustomed to working well in a close-knit team. The B&S team comprises individuals with varied B&S subject matter expertise and skill sets that enables members to work both independently and collaboratively on both small and large projects. We are seeking a person with 9+ years of experience in the B&S sector with strong research, analytical, and writing skills, and an excellent command of the English language.
Work you- ll do
The professional will be expected to lead as well as directly support, develop, write, and deploy thought leadership pertaining to the B&S sector of FSI, bulk of which would be published externally. Thought leadership includes deliverables such as in-depth research reports, client presentations, case studies, articles, and blog posts that integrate research from both primary and secondary sources. Examples of research sources include proprietary surveys, interviews with subject matter experts and industry leaders, third-party databases and commissioned research, and secondary research, such as analyst reports, government publications, presentations, industry commentaries, and news articles.
The professional will be expected to develop research ideas, frame hypotheses, analyze quantitative and qualitative data, synthesize findings, and demonstrate strong writing, presentation, communication, and analytical skills. The professional will work with the India and U.S.-based B&S colleagues, as well as senior leaders from B&S practice.
- Contribute to- including authoring or co-authoring- thought leadership focused on banking and capital markets
- Raise the profile and differentiation of our thought leadership by infusing it with insights derived from advanced analytic techniques, such as predictive analytics, data mining, text mining, and/or sentiment analysis
- Analyze academic literature, primary research, financial statements and indicators, case studies, and quantitative data (a knowledge of advanced statistical analysis will be necessary for the latter).
- Present research proposals and findings to senior colleagues in the United States.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of the US B&S sector and its sub-sectors (e.g., payments, wholesale banking, capital markets, retail banking, and trade finance) by delivering relevant industry insights.
- Build effective working relationships with subject matter experts within the firm and the external marketplace, and conduct effective interviews
- Work collaboratively with the practice leadership and other teams (e.g., marketing professionals, knowledge management, public relations ) to prepare thought leadership deliverables
- Write professional, publication-worthy reports targeted at a C-suite audience.
- Liaise with the India FSI Team Leader and the US-based B&S team to understand, refine, and manage project expectations and priorities.
Mentoring responsibilities/Upholding quality standards
- Responsible for the quality of B&S deliverables executed by the India team members.
- Guide team members through project brainstorming sessions, reviews, and regular feedback.
- Identify and address development and training needs for India team members, map their career paths, and elicit the best possible performance from each team member.
- Help team members with time management, prioritization, and project management.
Requisite core skills:
- Passionate about developing "ahead of the curve," provocative thinking, delivering results, and achieving success
- Self-motivated, innovative, and strong team player.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong knowledge of the US B&S sector.
- Ability to research and provide deep insights on varied and complex B&S sector topics. Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies (strong statistical analysis skills are preferred).
- Sound analytical skills with extensive experience in one or more of the following research methods: Primary research (surveys, interviews), financial analysis, secondary research, data analysis, and case study research.
- Strong business writing skills- ability to develop an appealing, succinct narrative. Should be able to convey complex research ideas in a compelling manner. Journalistic and narrative style of writing is preferred along with prior experience in report-writing and research report development.
- Strong presentation and verbal and written communication skills, and experience communicating to, and working with, virtual teams.
- Ability to develop compelling and analytical data visualizations using one or more software tools, such as Excel, Tableau, PowerPoint or others.
- Accustomed to working in teams, including virtual teams. Highly developed personal and professional ethics are expected.
- Ability to build relationships and credibility with internal clients through consultation that generates demand for projects that are aligned with the company's and the FSI thought leadership center's priorities
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Social media: Broad understanding of key social media platforms is preferable- Twitter, LinkedIn, SlideShare. Must be savvy and hands-on with some of these platforms.
The broader Research & Eminence group
The Research & Eminence team's mission is to undertake research and analysis to develop compelling and forward-looking perspectives that allow clients to anticipate, prepare for, and respond to - what's coming next.-
The team plays an integral role in strengthening the firm's strategic positioning through end-to-end development of high-quality thoughtware. Their work includes:
- Managing relations with internal stakeholders
- Using advanced data science and survey advisory capabilities to strengthen the credibility of insights
- Leveraging editorial and visualization capabilities to improve the stickiness of firm thoughtware
Qualifications, Experience, Work Location, and Timing
- Academic qualification: Master's Degree like MBA/CFA/CA
- Work experience: 9+ years
- Location: Mumbai
- Work hours: 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.