Senior Consultant at Michael Page
Views:185 Applications:38 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Manager - Regulatory Compliance - Bank (8-12 yrs)
- Developing and maintaining an effective Compliance program to ensure a best-in-class Compliance culture
- Providing guidance to business units on regulatory matters and interpretation of guidelines issued by various regulators.
- Providing guidance and support to the lines of businesses through participation in new product/service projects.
- Providing direction and assist business partners regarding Compliance activities, laws, and regulations.
- Ensure that business activities are aligned to Company's compliance program and local regulations in local market
- Providing advice and guidance on compliance issues within the market in a manner consistent with all local directives, circulars, and communications.
- Supporting the Market Compliance Office in achieving the Market Goals within the defined timeline, in closing out the identified Gaps and resolving outstanding compliance issues.
- Maintaining working knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements. As needed, utilize General Counsel's Office, Global / Market Compliance Office, or other line of business subject matter compliance experts.
- Provide regular updates to various committees within the company
The Successful Applicant :
- Minimum of 8 to 12 years of relevant experience in consultancy within the Big Four or in a bank/financial institution background.
- Good knowledge of AML Laws and practices
- Strong knowledge of Banking Regulations Act, Prevention of Money Laundering Act and other laws applicable to Commercial Banks and Payment Operators
- Working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control (preferred)
- Ability to operate multi-nationally with regulators, law enforcement, business partners and Agents
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills including the ability to conceptualize and break down complex issues into actionable tasks.
- Ability to address large groups and conduct training.
- Educational Qualifications ; CA/CS/LLB/CAMS/CIA/MBA.
- Handled Regulatory Compliance within large banks or payment operators
- Experience in working with regulatory bodies will be an added advantage