Views:78 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Manager - R&D - Diamond Tools/Powder Metallurgy (7-10 yrs)
Manager R & D
The core purpose of this role is to align his/her strong technical and managerial expertise with the organization's strategic vision & business goals, to develop world class products that create enthusiastic customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Exhibits great interest in learning and implementing new research and development trends relevant to the industry
- Initiate, plan and lead cross-functional team research/product development initiatives / projects and is conversant with stage-gate as well as with agile product development structure.
- Work closely with parent/partner companies and key vendors to advance development of products and processes with strong cross-location and cross-functional cooperation
- Manage technical/business support to existing products including raw material qualification, competitive analysis, and product/system testing at internal labs and external labs.
- Exercise judgment in selecting materials, methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining outstanding product development results.
- Demonstrate intensive regular alignment with relevant stakeholders
- Publish comprehensive documentation and give technical presentations at regular intervals on key projects.
- Act as a reliable partner to the team members, shares knowledge & experiences, open to opinions and perspectives, fun loving and most importantly treats colleagues with dignity and respect
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external partners at technical and interpersonal level.
- Effective leadership and teamworking skills.
- Being fully committed with strong willingness to outperform and innovate
- Effective scenario thinking and courage to take risks
- Effective Communication and documentation skills.
- Process Oriented with Analytical mindset, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Proven experience of more than 5 years in product development in Diamond Tools or Powder Metallurgy industry or related.
- Experience in metallurgical analysis equipment, Design of experiments and statistical analysis of data.
- Strong skills in root-cause analysis, problem-solving, and decision making.
- Needs openness and curiosity for cultural differences, inclusive behavior and great communication skills.
- Strong ability for collaborative working.
- Project Management Skills.
Education - B.Tech/Masters in Materials Science Engineering / Metallurgical Engineering from IITs or Tier 1 Engineering Colleges.
Location - India